View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
There's no risk of breaking the motor with my minor mods as long as the tune is good. The 2V is a slow motor unless it's built and with a better blower so I'm only doing cams and exhaust because I love 2V sound.

While a heat exchanger is good, it's only beneficial with the intercooler as well. Both still suck and will heat soak really easily.
You consider a whipple 2.3 or a gt500 blower swap minor mods?

With that said, I don't think there is a whipple for a 99-04 (other than cobra or mach1).

I'm not sure if they even make a kit to put a gt500 supercharger on a 2v, probably not, even if they did, it's not worth the trouble on a real saleen as for it intakes on the drivers side.

I understand the desire for the cammed sound, I really do considering I own a terminator converted foxbody, but it's still expensive and complex (it's not like just slapping a cam in a pushrod engine) all for sound...

Even if your mod list did work, it's thousands (I figure $5000+) of dollars in parts and even worse if you have to pay labor.
All for what? The 50rwhp the saleen sc comes up short of 400?

I'd seriously suggest you do some more research before you invest any money in the parts you are thinking about using.
Sold xp8 2000 #30, all options including alcons