View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Jaja6009,

If you have a problem with your tank even if it was a year ago, you should have called us, we'll take care of you. Im not sure how your tank cracked at a weld, but it can certainly be fixed. The company that makes our tanks for us uses 15 gauge (.057) 5052 Aluminum and they are laser cut and fully tig welded. It should have never broke, but it is possible. I'm sorry that it broke, but we would be more than happy to fix it, or send you a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja6009 View Post
I added a Meziere 20GPM to my car along with a Shleby Heat exchanger and I used the 281 Moto Coolant tank (Made for radiator, but I added new fitting on the bottom and side so I can use it for the intercooler system.)
When done my IATs were very good. 10-15 degrees over ambient. But after driving for a couple months I saw my IATs start to get higher and higher. I looked and saw the flow into my reservoir had went from a nice flow to almost nothing. Then the flow stopped. I thought that I had lost prime to the pump. I tried to reprime it by using the bleed screw on the pump. I also did the Saleen install instructions thing of taking off the return to reservoir line, capping off the reservoir and having the line empty into a bucket. I then used a radiator pressure tester to add 5-10 PSI (The pressure listed on the cap) to force the fluid through the sytem and remove all air.

Well the tank from 281 split at the top at a weld. And I cannot get the flow to return to what it was. Im not sure if the Meziere pump has failed. Its running but there is not really a lot of flow.

First off the 281 tank is junk. Since it was made for the radiator system which uses a 16 PSI cap and the thing failed at a max of 10 PSI Im really disappointed in the quality of the tank. While it looks nice the welds are thin (obviously too thin).
Second before I can say the Meziere pump has failed I need to check some more things.

I pressure tested the inter cooler system and there are no leaks. I am pretty sure there is no blockage anywhere in the sytem but am still running water through things to rule it out.

Im having some problems with my brand new system.

If the pump had indeed died I am going to the Stewart EMP pump (That I wanted to use in the beginning but was talked out of).

The couple weeks the system worked it was great. But now Im pretty frustrated.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"