View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianopp View Post
Greetings all! Longtime reader, first time poster with a question I know most could answer (yes, I searched first!). I always thought there were 10 SA20s produced, but the production page lists only 6. Can anyone tell me which # is accurate? And I also understand 1 was an auto? Oh, and if you own one and plan to sell it in about 3-4 years, you know there'll be 1 VERY intersted buyer out there for ya!

Thanks and keep up the great work everyone!
Welcome to the forums! The SA-20s are a trick piece. Kinda' neat how they are all feature a custom pearl refinish.

As Mark stated above, one was an automatic and all featured the new Saleen Anniversary Speedster kit. This differed from the original Saleen Speedster in that the SA-20 had an low-profile, integrated styling bar connected to the cover. This would continue as an option on the 2004 S281s.

The limit was set at 10 production units. As of the writing of The Saleen Book by Brad Bowling circa 2003, there were six SA-10 produced.

As of Brad's most recent writings, he continues to state a total of six SA-20 were produced out of a possible ten.

You bring up a great question though and this is when we shall ask one of the Saleen employees to check and see whats-what with the SA-20.

Will have an update for you soon.

Once again, thanks for visiting the forums and good luck with the search!