View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
I find it funny that "Mr. 281," the "expert," and the guy pushing this mod, has yet to make a statement in defense of it. Interesting...
As you know, we just moved and that has consumed most of my time for the last month - so getting into a ****ing war about pumps isnt the on the top of my "to-do" list. And as a matter of fact, Im NOT the only one selling these pumps, just about everyone is.

And to comment on the pumps, we've used Meziere for our selection of pumps since we opened, sold them at the previous companies I've worked at and I've used them on personal cars I've built for the last near 14 years. With all the product of theirs I've dealt with, less than 1% of everone I've ever had to deal with has failed. Not a bad record in my professional opinion. Meziere makes a great product and stands behind it 100% like all the vendors we carry do.

As far as the flow comparisions go, we will conduct some test to determine the difference between the Bosch pump and the Meziere and report. The Stewart EMP pump is certainly a MUCH better pump and always has been with relation to the size core you are using. Put ebay asside, the EMP pump is VERY expensive as well. Most have a heart attack to spend $300 for the Meziere, let alone the MSRP of a new EMP in excess of $500.

What I can tell you now without hard data, everyone we've installed or sold as a kit with a AFCO Pro HE, and a Meziere WP136S have ALL reported HUGE drops in IAT's....the average being in the 25 degree range. The Bosch pump simply doesnt have the "torque" to move the water in a larger heat exchanger. The test that we're shown here represent very little restriction. In a real world test, we are going to use a Saleen Supercharger Intercooler inline, and an AFCO Pro heat exchanger to replicate the applied use difference between a Bosch pump and a Meziere.

Even if they are the same flow, which I doubt the Saleen replacement cost for the Bosch is $299.99 which im sure could be sourced cheaper, or the Meziere pump at $241. How many of you had the Bosch pump fail (we have one in the shop right now btw) vs. how many of had the Meziere pump fail....I can only recall one. The quality of the Meziere is there.

To the claims that Meziere "missrepresented" their GPM, I wonder if anyone reviewed the statistics on Meziere's site...

"Standard motor provides 20 gallons per minute free flow rating" or http://www.meziere.com/ps-892-860-wp136s.aspx

We know they work, and work well. If you have bought a Meziere pump and AFCO Pro, post up your results. If you put a higher GPM pump in, doesnt mean its going to cool your system down more. Faster in this case is not always better. The proper flow rate really makes the difference in heat disapation.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"