View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclemilti View Post
Maybe you got a bad version?

All the GT500's I've seen were first class.

Even if Shelby is poor quality (and I still say no) Saleen isn't much better.
I love my Saleen, but lets not pretend theres any sort of "quality" in this car, either.

Any time body parts are held together with 3m tape and zipties, theres nothing screaming out QUALITY.

I could fill up a page about the stuff I've seen on my car...I'm a fabricator, and I have had just about every major piece of my car apart, so I know backwoods "engineering" when I see it.

Trust me..the way some of these things are put together...its scary.

I will also add...even if they have a misplaced toy manager heading up a car company, at least Shelby can say they haven't been in the news being sold, and have employess leaving to open up new companies. Shelby is stable, and you can get WARRANTY work completed on one at just about any Ford dealer in the country.

Can you say that about Saleen? Absolutely not.
I will tell you that not ALL GT500's are "first class". I have hauled my far share of them and have had a few where the racing stripes were not put on correctly.... Not even stuck on completely!

Now, how this went through quality control and was NOT spotted is beyond me since I noticed it right away and so did the original dealer and receiving dealer.

As for warranty, on "some" of the saleen parts you can get done at a non saleen dealer as I have done before. Now, the dealer is taking a risk on doing this but this was a few years ago when I did this. Like stated above Shelby is not all what they are cracked up to be... Really Carroll has almost nothing to do with the company as much as he use to because of his health problems and age. He has others running most of it for him and with the GT500 Ford gets to use his name.

We keep talking about Shelby and Saleen... what about Roush??? I know back in the late 90's there cars just had stuck on ground effects with 3M tape and I had seen some cars at dealers that had the stuck on parts falling off. I don't know anything regarding warranty with Roush but have heard that dealers have had hard times getting them to pay for warranty claims but I don't know if this is true.

SOEC Member and Supporter