View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017
SOEC Member

I purchased a 2006 Saleen 281, with 35K kms on it, about 3 months ago. It had been upgraded to a 281SC by the previous owner. i.e. it had the Saleen supercharger and all other Saleen bits fitted so that it was indistinguishable from a genuine 281SC - the only omission was the dash pod instruments. I fitted those - but that is another story.
The vehicle was not running very well, and power was well down, so I tried to get it Dyno tuned - I'm in Sydney Australia. The tuner could not tune it as they could not access the Saleen locked PCM.
I therefore purchased the Brenspeed stage 3 upgrade (530HP). I did this after Brenspeed assured me that their tune on the SCT hand tuner, would defeat the Saleen lock on the PCM.
I did all of the work myself, including the tune. the work was not as difficult as I had feared. The only thing missing from the upgrade kit was the vacuum line kit - not sure why?. I also got the 39lb fuel injectors.
The upgrade made a tremendous difference to the vehicle - it now performs as it was intended to. I would therefore recommend the stage 3 kit from Brenspeed - the kit itself and the service from the guys at Brenspeed was excellent. You can also fit the kit yourself if you are a little mechanically minded - you do not need to be an experienced mechanic.
I had a Dyno power run done to check power output. I'm getting 316kW (425HP) at the rear wheels. The tuner estimates 520HP at the flywheel. On the first power run,there was also an issue with lean running at higher revs. The tuner found there was a vacuum hose not connected properly. Once he corrected this, the engine runs sweetley right up to maximum revs.
I will attempt to attach the dyno graphs - the 2 lines on the graph are the before and after the vacuum line fix. Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0406.JPG  

Attached Images