View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
Jaja6009,

If you have a problem with your tank even if it was a year ago, you should have called us, we'll take care of you. Im not sure how your tank cracked at a weld, but it can certainly be fixed. The company that makes our tanks for us uses 15 gauge (.057) 5052 Aluminum and they are laser cut and fully tig welded. It should have never broke, but it is possible. I'm sorry that it broke, but we would be more than happy to fix it, or send you a new one.
I know it can be fixed, and Im kinda upset you are questioning me with "but it's possible". Its not just possible. It happened. I don't mean to bash your shop because I don't think I am. I am stating what happened. I added some pressure to force the system to move fluid and force out air and it cracked. I don't want to get it fixed as this tank has been nothing but trouble. I ordered it on Feb 20 last year and received it in July(Website says 6-8 weeks, and I have the emails with dates to backup timeline). It said it used the stock cap but it didn't. It said it was bolt on into the radiator system and it was not. It said it came with fittings, it did not come with the correct ones.That's why I used it for the intercooler. There is a guy on s197 forum with a Parnelli Jones Supershaker. He ordered one around the same time he will back up what I said about the tank taking too long and not being a true Bolton.

I am just redoing the whole system again.

New system is Shelby heat exchanger (Which you said on the phone have a tendency to leak, but I have never heard of one leaking. And Van from Revan racing would take offense to one of his vendors bashing his product without proof. It seemed like you were pushing the AFCO dual fan for whatever reason).
I just ordered a Stewart EMP pump from Lingenfelter.
And I think Im going with a Lightning plastic reservoir.

281 don't take this as me attacking you but everything above is not embellishment, it is just stated facts. Another fact positive to you is you rebuilt my blower in January and did an excellent job. I thanked you in a post and on other forums told others who needed a rebuild about the good service. Your oil dipstick for the blower was another great mod, making it easy for me to check the fluid level. You fixed the stripped thread in my blower and did a good job as far as I can tell. But this tank was a nightmare from day one.
Attached Thumbnails
crack.jpg