View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009
Suspended Account

Default Saleen watered down??

I understand where each member is coming from, yes it would be nice if Steve was still 100 percent steering the ship. Lots are talking about going to a Shelby, be warned I owned a 07 Shelby SGT. The qualty was as poor as I have even seen. Carrol himself appointed the Ex President of Matel toys, Amy Boylan to head up the entire Las Vegas operation. Want to talk about watered down? What could a woman who dealt in toys possibly bring to a high preformance car company? I can tell you this (or better yet, go to Shelby Owners Forums) and ready about the crappy quality of the cars that Amy pushed out the door to meet deadlines and quotes that she set. I take that back, most that complain on that forum she kicks off the forum so you unlikely will see many that complain. My SGT was falling apart, front tires completely shot after 2000 miles (they forgot/overlooked) that when a car is lowered the Caster/Camber needed to be re-adjusted. The cheap vinyl strips were spotted and lifting off. I traded the car with 5000 miles on it for my Torch Red Saleen S281SC with no regrets. At least this company (MJ) that is buying up some of Saleens operation is into performance cars and not toys. To each his own but if you going to bail from Saleen my 1st. choice would be a Roush, Shelby's no longer on my list. I regret that fact because Carrol has been a hero of mine for years. I would like to add that I have 3 races with my Saleen against the Shelby 500, 1 was the 1.8 mile, the other two were 1/4 mile runs. I lost one, the 1/8 mile with my 465 ponys pumping their hearts out, I redlined 2nd gear, spit and spuddered on the limitered a split second too long.
SIK281