View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Help: Replacement S351 bumper

Hi saleen misc. Im looking at purchasing an s351 bumper that i found used. But i have a few questions i need to address before i pull the trigger. Does anyone know how to tell if it is a true saleen s351 urethane bumper and not a knockoff. I called the saleen headquarters and they told me that their would be a part number of some sort stamped into the back inside of the bumper right behind the saleen lettering? I found another one also located farther away in which i called upon and the seller told me their was no part number whatsoever stamped in the back. I ended up calling the other person that i originally found first selling the other bumper and he told me the same thing. No stamped part number either? What the heck. What are the odds both are replica bumpers or one is fake and one is real. I hoping the saleen rep didnt give me wrong information considering one of the sellers is providing me with an invoice that he got from saleen which leads me to believe its real. Its just that **** number not being their thats getting me. Does any one know if the s351 bumpers speedworx, chicane, haney motorsports and stage 3 motorsports were real saleen s351 bumpers? If so which companys sold real ones and replica ones. Sorry for the long post guys but i appreciate any help. Thanks and have a good day.