View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

jaja6009,

I’m going to speculate on why they didn’t use the Meziere pump but my guess is that they didn’t know about it. Back in the 2005ish when Saleen created the Extreme Heat Exchanger for the E-cars, this pump wasn’t used for intercoolers. Similar to what Wyatt is using, this pump was created for Marine bilge pump applications and Race applications. Its "torque" and durability proved itself very useful and dependable in these applications. When larger Heat Exchangers started hitting the market in a "bolt-on" non-custom way, shops like ours started exploring with options to add more strength to the flow, not necessarily higher GPM.

We have ordered an EMP pump this morning and will be looking for a local car to test on in real world track/street applications and will report on the findings. We are looking for someone who tracks their car and daily drives it. You will get all the installation free, and the pump free should you choose to keep it. We will need some data in return. I feel like this is the best way to solve this with the Saleen application. If we determine there is a genuine cooling efficiency increase we will offer these as well, but not until we have proven its worth due to the serious increase in cost of parts, materials and installation cost. Bear in mind, the simple 20-amp relay kits we use and the wiring to support a 8-amp pump is not sufficient for a 18-amp pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja6009 View Post
I wish I could talk to Saleen and find out why they chose the EMP Stewart pump. THey could of easily used a Meizere pump in their upgraded heat exchanger package. Maybe they chose the EMP because they saw what it is being said on S197.

The guy on S197 makes the manifold to let you use any GT500 supercharger on a 3V. I have gotten ALOT of great info from him on many car issues. His intercooler system on his car is one of the craziest I have ever seen. He has tested the system not just by measuring IATs but also has sensors throughout the system. He claims that on his intercoolers and GT500s every time he went with a bigger pump it cooled better. But to make sure you have enough heat exchanger too. Bell Intercoolers makes the intercooler for his manifold and they told him you cannot move the water too fast through the system because the intercooler itself will slow it down since its the biggest restriction in the system. When funds allow Im moving up to the EMP pump.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"