View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017
SOEC Member

Congrats on th new addition. I too have had many fox bodies and have a similar 89 to the one you just bought with similar miles but it is not very stock/original at this point. Not real familiar with the shift knob but I am surprised the threads are not the same. I think some of those shift knobs were generic and may have come with a variety of inserts. My guess is that it had the wrong insert in it for your application. Hopefully you can chase the threads either with a tap or dye depending on which end you cross threaded. Rust under battery trays have been an issue with Mustangs since 1965. Sometimes a leaking battery is to blame. Common issue with the hand pump bulb. They pop up on eBay every so often and are not expensive. Personally, I would leave the wheel locks on it. To the best of my knowledge, it is a pretty generic lug nut. Don't know the exact make or model but they were not unique to the wheel like some of the later Saleen wheels. Can't help you on the tires but agree the originality would be cool. Enjoy your new ride.
1998 Saleen Explorer 98-01 Sold
1998 Saleen Explorer 98-22 Sold
1999 Saleen Explorer 99-19 Sold
2000 Saleen Explorer 00-29 Sold