View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013
SOEC Member

I can see both points here, the fact of the matter is the zero pressure is the industry standard that all pumps use right or wrong that is how it is and it does give you a point of reference. Realize that cooling systems with many restrictions and narrow cooling channels are going to tax the flow rate more than just open piping. The testing that has been done simply shows what pump style is best suited for a particular set up. This development is really no different than what has been done with supercharger systems. We all expect that a particular super charger will produce a certain amount of boost and HP increases but we have learned that the intake and exhaust systems can play a huge role in how efficient our supercharger can be. The water pump in your IC is no different it will do its job better or worse depending on how you design its input and output systems. Those systems need to take into account the qualities of the pump being used to move fluid through them. I love what has been done here! The next step for me would be to see how increaseing hose sizes and inlet/outlet sizes would influence the IATs in these systems.
08 S302E Coupe #01 "Black Ops" USSOCOM Tribute Car. Sponsored by 281 Motorsports, HRE, Cortex, BMR, Aeromotive, Barton, ACT, SCT, Schroth, CSF & Toyo Tires! Mods to numerous to list! God bless our Special Operations Soldiers and their families!