View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018
Saleen Forums Participant

Upgrade your brake pads so you don't have any fade on track. I've run Hawk HPS for several events with no issues, but there are many others to choose from. Since you are going to bleed out all the old fluid for some new high temp stuff it might be a good time to also upgrade the brake lines to DOT braided stainless ones.

You'll also want to get some ideas on what your caster, camber, toe settings should be. I found out that on my car the inside edge of the tire gets destroyed on track. So having a good track alignment will help your tires wear evenly, heat evenly, and last longer. If you don't already have a set of adjustable caster/camber plates you might want to consider them as it can make it easy to set for daily driving and track events.

I have a common list of things that should be done before every track event. The other things I'd suggest are just based on the age of the car and not knowing your maintenance habits. Since you'll be running full boogie in probably 3rd gear for like 20 minutes you'll want to make sure all fluids are up to the task...so fresh oil, trans fluid, and diff fluid.