View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

From the charts from Lingenfelter I came up with a plan.
We don't know what the pressure is at the pump.
Those charts are showing that pressure at the pump is what you need to know when choosing one of the pumps tested.
How would I be able to measure this?

Also I always thought it was weird that Saleen chose the Stewart pump for their upgrade kit. They could of chosen a Meziere that cost less than half. Maybe they know what the pressure is in the system at the pump and saw that the Stewart pump was the only pump that was actually flowing a lot more water?

I think Im gonna ask Lingenfelter if I can buy the standard Stewart pump and if I need more flow, maybe I can send it back in to be reprogrammed.
From the charts the standard Stewart pump flowed a lot more than our Bosch pumps. The reprogrammed pump flow ALOT more than both.

281 helped me make the choice for the 20 GPM Meziere, but other people on other forums chimed in too and said to get it. But my mistake was comparing guys running GT500 systems to my Saleen system. The Saleen system especially the intercooler under the blower may be a lot more restrictive than GT500 stuff.So a Meziere on a GT500 that has less pressure in the system may flow OK according to the chart. Put the same pump in the Saleen system and since the pressure is higher your GPMs drop big time.

Chime in if you think any of my thinking is wrong. Im just thinking out loud here.

I may just be a lab rat and buy the Stewart pump (standard) and see what happens. I mean I bought the Meziere wanting more flow and apparently the flow is around the same. So I have not really increased the flow much if at all.