View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hi and welcome to THE Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org.

I would say PJ value is in the 28-35K range. You can find them for less and for more. 10,000 miles may be "low" for a normal car, but there are a number of PJs with less than 1,000 miles and in some cases less than 100 miles.

Most of the Saleen/PJ styling parts are out-of-production and very few items are available second-hand. You will want to buy a PJ with all the correct Saleen components if you plan to save this vehicle as a future collectible.

Currently, these S197 Saleens are "used cars." I would not call them collectable as of today. If you look at vintage Saleen Mustangs, it took 20-30 years for them to increase in value.

The 2007 PJ is strange for two reasons...
1: At 500 units produced it is not a rare Saleen vehicle
2: Saleen produced the announced run of 500 units

It was not uncommon for Saleen to announce a production run of X units... then produce less.

If you like the vintage styling of 1960s Ford Mustangs, the PJ Edition checks all those boxes. If you are a fan of vintage Trans-Am racing, the PJ Edition checks all those boxes. If you love Parnelli Jones, the PJ Edition checks all those boxes.

A much rarer model are the 2008 Heritage Editions.

If you just want a rare S197 Saleen... a custom paint S281 SC, or an Extreme model would be a better buy.
Thanks BIGTIME, much appreciated! I always regretted not getting an original Boss 302 ( had Z-28's) and the "new" ones are just "standouts" amongst all the Mustangs out there now, rarely see them at shows.