View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015
SOEC Member

Default Ordering new Saleen Mustang

Let me start by saying that I am truly excited and hopeful that Saleen will deliver my car. It will be the one of a kind mustang that I've wanted since I was 16. This has been my dream car for 2 decades.

I understand that with a new model mustang, extra time is required to engineer a new product. Delays were expected and they weren't a big deal.

The problem isn't with the delays themselves (usual or not).

As was discussed in the locked thread, it's not just that the vehicles are taking a long time, it's that the communication from Saleen has been horrendous. Since March (even before) I've been given no less than 5 delivery dates. Excluding the latest one ("by the anniversary"), they have all been missed. We have been routinely strung along with the promise of "next week" or "in two weeks" or, my favorite, "second week of August, worst case." These are quotes, from Saleen, about when my vehicle would be done.

We were also told that customer orders (my order was made in November, when they received my base Mustang) were bumped so the could fill some "large" china order. This was told to me and others by Derek.

The lack of transparency, being strung along, not taking my calls, not returning my voice mails, and abusing their relationship with me as a customer (who has paid them 1/2 upfront, a total that exceeds their reported cash balances, which is another topic) has seriously soured me to the brand and it's unfortunate.

For anyone else who wants to order a new Saleen, good luck, I hope you have a better experience. So far, mine has not been worth the price of admission.