View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

"This will be our only post. If you have questions about your vehicle please feel free to call our tech line."

I'm not a big fan of joining a discussion, making a statement and then bailing out. Not very professional in my opinion. Are you affraid of a an open and hopfeully constructive discussion?

I'm also not a big fan of any pump manufacturer not providing clear information on their pumps capabilities when confronted with restrictions or backpressure. Seriously, show me ONE engine that offers ZERO restriciton on the cooling system let alone an intercooler system. IT DOESNT EXIST so why be decietful. Maybe it's because it cost time and money to do comprehensive pump flow testing? Does anyone use any automotive pump from any manufacturer to pump water into the open air?

I will say this. I have yet to see anyone, including myself, the OP, 281 or LFE, complete a thorough test of various pumps on a COMPLETE system documenting both GPM, PSI, voltage and amps consumption, IAT in various driving and throttle conditions.

My opinion, to put this debate to bed this is what's needed. However, there will never be an absolute. Every system is different but atleast this would provide a little more clarity.

And you pump manufacturers, ALL OF YOU, need to be a little more honest than "my pump flows XX gpm with no back pressure or restrictions" Really? DUH!

Show me what it flows with 5psi or 10psi back pressure or 1' head pressure. Oh, never mind you cant. Can you?