View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

They were a custom build I did with Coleman. My goal was to build a serviceable rotor that didn't require any grinding, slotting, shimming etc. The rotors ended up being a straight bolt on replacement. I was curious to see what others were doing given the limited availability of the Alcons and the subsequent absence of pricing pressure because there are only a hand full of Alcon dealers in the U.S. I hope that people learned some viable alternatives along the way, mainly the Corvette HD rotors. I still think that with a little work the Wilwood Promatrix setup referenced earlier in this thread is a strong option for those on a budget who still want to be able to service and replace rotors in the future. In regards to the hat bolt question, they are not safety wired. I used thread sealer and given the fact they are easily accessible, I will run them through a few heat cycles and then retorque them. I have an Aerospace brake setup on a different car with a similar setup and have not encountered any issues.