View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

Got some more progress on the Saleen. Since last post, a new carlite windshield has been installed, got the rear hatch all buttoned up and painted, and also ordered brand new (from Ford) OEM carpet that was sitting collecting dust at a dealer in kansas. Also got the headliner reinstalled and most of the upper body trim on the interior. With the limited conversion, I am also gaining the rear subwoofer assembly and since the stock sub is usually always blown on these Explorers, i replaced it with a pioneer shallow mount sub along with a new 1ch pioneer amp. It will be installed onto the factory enclosure. Also pictured is the replacement drivetrain from the limited donor to facilitate the awd conversion. The engine will be torned down and resealed along with some minor parts getting powdercoated, and the transmission is being rebuilt professionally as i type this. Next step is to remove the body so i can start wirewheeling the frame and axle in order to get it ready for paint and to install the drivetrain (hopefully by next weekend) so the body can go back on it.