View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justfloatn View Post
Have you done research on the negative side of having a panhard bar with the stock 4 link suspension?

If not you should do some searching on Corner Carvers and Corral in the road racing section. Your upper control arm bushings will not be happy. You will need to replace them often. I would remove one of the uppers and release some of the binding stress. It's called a poor mans three link or PML3. Search it.

There are also some topics on Corral about which exhaust fits with the MM panhard.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction. I started with wanting to just "freshen up" my worn suspension one winter. Full Griggs road race kit later and it's done.
I've done some research on that and the whole PM3L seems to do more trouble than its worth. For now i'm going to just leave 4-link, i just replaced the axle bushings and I have plans to pick up a TA in the future. I found this good post with vertical bind #s, interesting read

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/sho...98&postcount=5

I want to resuse the stock Borla/Saleen setup as i'm a fan of the tailpipes, i've got the ability and a TIG to reroute the pipes as needed(built a TT kit on a previous car). Plus someone had welded SLP mufflers in the catback when i got the car, so it's already been cut up, so i'm not ruining a mint piece.

I got lucky and was able to reuse the frame inserts. Got everything measured out and holes drilled. Problem is i have to make spacers now for the frame mounts, doesnt make sense to get them from MM when shipping would double the cost.