View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013
SOEC Member

For all you critics out there, this car is amazing in person. The pictures don't do it justice. Believe me, the debate of the chrome vs black chrome was going on late in the night, by the owners, the night before the show. Both options are amazing, but the black chrome gaave the car a more menacing look, so this is what was chosen for the time being. The SMS rear bumper may seem odd to all of you, but in a little over a year, the new body comes out and it doesn't make sense to spend that amount of money to tool a new bumper for that short of a run. (IMHO) In the past the changes were minor between all the models. Other than the badging, hood and wing, the cars look identicle. In the end, the only thing missing on the new car is a different wing. Also, if the body flows air as well as this car does, why change it?

The way I understand it, the 351X will have at least 800 hp. Exactly how they will achieve it is still up in the air as the engine is still being developed.

I would love to have on of the 351X cars myself. I wonder what the 2015 Saleen will look like? By then, maybe I can afford one. lol