View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Potential Newbie with Q's: S302 PJ

Good evening, I've lurked on the forum before, and I'm finally in a position to get into a mustang again, and I think the Saleen PJ is one of the best looking mustangs ever produced. That and the 67 gt fastback.

I am more a NA type of guy vs the blower route, and the new Boss 302 (2013) is also on the radar, but doesn't really have the looks of the PJ. Big fan of the shaker as well. Had it on the 03 mach 1.

Now that I am older and time is non-existent with young kids, I like the idea of not having to build a car, but have one that has the big ticket items done, a complete package(engine and suspension). I have a project car, but want to get into something I can just drive, take to the local car shows, that there are not thousands running around, and has some get up and go. Doesn't have to be GT 500 power.

I have had a 2001 cobra, with 2000 cobra r suspension installed, 4.10 gears,aluminum flywheel, exhaust and dyno tune along with a 2003 mach 1 with 4.10 gears, upgraded axles,exhaust and dyno tune.

I have searched the forums, so most questions can be answered with the search feature, however I do have some questions that hopefully some will chime in to answer.

Using the above referenced stangs, how does the PJ compare real world in handling, power and build quality?

Some say the Pj is a high 12sec car,RT has it mid 13, high 4's for 0-60. I would do headers, cats, cai and dyno tune, so based on others experience I would be content with 360RWHP. With the built motor and $$ one can always do a blower down the road.

Handling is important as well. Moreso for the spirited early sunday local drives, and maybe the occasional track day. I would hope it handles as well as my previous 01 cobra.

Is this vintage(2007) mustang a rattle trap in general?

Lastly how good/bad are the seats for a few hr trip? Say someone about to turn 50, good health, about 5'-7", no real back issues? Are they really uncomfortable or generally ok. They look nice, but.....

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!