View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

The Eagle has landed. The car was delivered today. No damage thank god. A little dusty, and a few speckles of grease, but all is good.

I was able to get an appointment at DMV late this afternoon, and get the car registered and a 10 day temp inspection sticker. ( which ended up flying out of the car soon after never to be seen again.)

HOLY SH$T. I can't even begin to say how awesome this car is for me. It has plenty of balls for me now. I haven't gotten into the top rpm range yet, but it will bark and get a little sideways on the 1-2 no problem. Reminds me of my 03 Mach 1( which had 4.10's, dyno tune, cai, axles, etc), and the PJ appears pulls harder to me.

The sound of the PJ, is the best sounding mustangs I have ever had the pleasure of owning. The previous owner told me that as well and he couldn't of been more right. Although on a really long trip, I could see the exhaust note being a little long in the tooth so to speak.

The powerband is definetely located on the higher rpm, but has enough low end grunt to get you around. Clutch is nice and tight, and a bit heavy.

Everything seems to be tight. About the only thing I noticed that I am going to look at this weekend, is the front brakes almost feel like they are grinding, even though there is plenty of pad. I am thinking I never had slotted rotors before and that might be the sound and feeling thru the brake pad.

Suspension is a little stiffer then expected, steering is a lighter then I like, but ok.

Car feels much lighter then it is.

Seat lumbar as I have read, is a little stiff, but certainly not an issue on at least a 30 min ride.

Engine is a little noisy, but I have heard worse. Temp seems to run maybe 190, oil pressure looks good, and right where it should be.

The car gets hot( in the cabin for sure). That is the only downside I have come across so far. I assume this is normal for all the PJ.

Will snap some photos this weekend when I have some time.

Thanks for everyones help with this process. I am very happy with the purchase.
1967 GT Fastback