View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017
SOEC Member

Default "stage 3" tune

I took my 2008 Racecraft to JDM for their equivalent of Brenspeed's "stage 3" tune (or maybe it's the other way around) and the results were awesome! Jim and his crew installed a 3.2 pulley, gt500 fuel pumps, 60lbs injectors, JLT CAI, colder plugs, the vacuum reroute and tuned her on a dyno. There's a little hesitation when cold, but only the first few minutes and I should be easy on the throttle when she's cold anyway.

The bad news (and no fault of JDM, this one is all on me), was I took her to Summit Point and threw a couple rods. I held 3rd gear past redline out of a the last turn before the long straight and she just died quietly. Not trying to be a doomsayer, just a dash of reality.

So it's time for an upgrade. I've installed a ford racing shortblock (yes, it's forged), CNC heads, mild cams, a t56 magnum and 3.73 rear gears with a torsen 2 differential. Currently wrestling with a transmission noise (only in 3rd and 4th, under load and below 2k rpm) and upgrading the IC pump. I'm looking forward to going back to JDM for another dyno tune.

Bottom line: tunes are good, but be careful out there!
Attached Thumbnails
Dyno Test - JDM tune - Jan 2013.jpg