The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 01-07-2005
Administrator

Default 2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo Unveiled at LA Auto Show

2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo: A Quick Look

December 6, 2005 -- A standing-room only audience was in attendance at the 2005 Los Angeles Auto Show to witness the unveiling of the new S7 Twin Turbo.

Looking fast yet standing still, the LizStick-red S7 Twin Turbo sported a new 750 horspower V8 producing 700 lb-ft of torque. Numerous engineering changes were required to incorporate the addition of the twin-ball-bearing and water-cooled Saleen-Garrett turbochargers featuring whopping 44-mm wastegates and providing 5.5 psi of boost. Dual electric fuel pumps now feed the array of high-capacity, return-less, 52-lb/hr fuel injectors. A re-calibrated Saleen PowerFlash computer handles engine management.

Putting power to the ground is a new six-speed transaxle mated to larger Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires, 275/35R19s up front and 335/30R20s in the rear, adding nearly 1.5 inches to the footprint. Revised suspension geometry and new dual-stage coil springs help provide a softer ride during normal street driving. At speeds of around 100 mph, the second stiffer springs, affected by high-speed downforce, help provide improved handling characteristics when a softer ride is no longer desired.

To attain higher speeds and improve stability, revised front and rear diffusers provide a 40 percent reduction in areo drag and a 60 percent increase in down force. While high-speed performance testing has yet to be finalized, the estimated top speed is an impressive 240 mph.

The 2005 S7 Twin Turbo -- America's premiere supercar -- has an MSRP of $555,000. Compared to its competition (which will have a hard time keeping-up) it's a bargain.

The LA Auto Show is open to the public from January 7-16, 2005 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Also on display at the Saleen booth is the 2005 S281 Supercharged Mustang and the N20 Focus.

Mustang fans will also see the new Mustang convertible at the Ford booth. More information about the show is available at: http://www.laautoshow.com.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 04-04-2008
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 2005 S7

What a Gergious America Muscle Car.All I can do or say is WoW!!!,& Dreaul over it and wishing I owned one.But we can Dream the Great American Dream,just maybe one day I'll be a proud owner of one if possible.What a Grteat Country we live in ,just to be able to see such Beautiful American Made Muscle Car as such.All I can say is Mr. Steve Saleen should be extremly Proud of what He & his Enginers Created A BEAST!!!!!
Old 04-05-2008
Suspended Account

Randy,

Good to see your name again! How is the Saleen GT500 doing? Any pics for us. Drooooool
Old 04-05-2008
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Saleen GT500

It was featured in the Febuary Issue of 5.0 muscle mustang.If you google that site & click on featured cars,& scrol down it should still be up.It is titled Luck One.Look on the left side as you scroll down and there should be a small picture of it and then click it up,& you'll see the article & pictures of it.
It's one of one by Speed-Lab & I do have a Document with it stipulating that along what Saleen Speed-Lab did to it.
The 5.0 article does not list all the up-grades that Speed-Lab did.They refere to is as still stock but not so. Saleen Speed-Lab put around $18,000.00 in parts not counting Labor & transportation from my Home In Louisiana & back to me after it's completion.I received it back on 7/4/07,& left from my home on 12/17/06,& arrived at Saleen on 12/23/06,with 17.7 miles 0n it.Now I have around 500 miles on it.
If you cannot find the article E-Mail me directly at svtistryke@aol.com
Then I can forward you pictures of it.
Great to chat with you;
Randy ;
PS:my spelling is not too good or my typing as for as putting these words in order,sorry.
Old 04-06-2008
Suspended Account

Here is the article if the rest of you want to see it. A rare an unique car that will be be quite collectible one day

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...500/index.html