The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 04-13-2010
SOEC Member

Default UMI Anti-Wheel Hop Kit and UCA Installed!

Finally got around to some installing this weekend. I got these back in November during a black friday sale. UMI Anti-Wheel Hop kit: Lower control arms with relocation brackets and UMI Upper Control Arm.

First an underbody shot. Love the X-Pipe

The parts

Stock UCA, hard to see I know

Stock(left) and UMI(right) UCAs

UMI UCA Installed

Stock LCA

Stock LCA and UMI LCA with Relocation Brackets

LCA and brackets installed!

Shot from the rear. You can see the relocation brackets

Oh and did you notice how they're all blue?! I love color matching...or at least trying to keep a color theme going. You may also notice the red panhard bar, which is off of a Saleen Extreme car.

Overall, traction is no issue now. I have noticed no increase in vibrations at any speed. I do get a much better feel of the road and the feeling that the rear is planted pretty well. I did not replace the UCA mount or get the spacers(my fault). I get some noise from that UCA in the stock mount. There is extra "slop" as UMI calls it. I need to take care of that at some point.

All in all, highly recommended and worth it for the price.
Old 04-13-2010
Administrator

Looks great! IS this kit primarily for a drag racing application or does it have benefits for the road as well?
Old 04-13-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Looks great! IS this kit primarily for a drag racing application or does it have benefits for the road as well?

Dave,
The relocation brackets make this kit have more track benefit(UMI claims up to 3/10's off your quarter mile time), but I don't see why it wouldn't help you when you're under hard acceleration on the street :)

Some people claim you compromise your cornering but I haven't seen much compromise yet. Car still seems to handle great in the turns. I also have the Saleen Panhard and GT500 Sway bar so maybe that helps.
Old 04-13-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepngli View Post
Dave,
The relocation brackets make this kit have more track benefit(UMI claims up to 3/10's off your quarter mile time), but I don't see why it wouldn't help you when you're under hard acceleration on the street :)
Have you had the Racecraft down the strip yet? Feel free not to answer, it could void you warrenttee.
Old 04-13-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Have you had the Racecraft down the strip yet? Feel free not to answer, it could void you warrenttee.
Ha. If you were to ask anyone around here, they'll tell you how much I baby this car. I have not had to to the track. The nearest track is almost 2 hours away and thats just a lot of driving to take this car and then beat on it. I enjoy driving this car on the highway and going for cruises, but I like to know that if I decide to, it'll be ready. The suspension is done IMO. Its right where I want it to be.

Does that really void your warranty? It would from Ford if they caught you right?
Old 04-13-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Does that really void your warranty? It would from Ford if they caught you right?
Seems like it.
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?p=35850
Old 04-13-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:

Wow, thats terrible. Thats one major reason why I don't want to touch the engine. I know it would be tough to file any such warranty claim, but something like a blown motor is gunna be really tough. I had no issues with SMS/Saleen on getting my PCM re-flashed under warranty, but I can't imagine that.

I'll stick to my suspension. None of that which I replaced was Saleen. Just upgrading the stock stuff.
Old 04-13-2010
Administrator

Did you store the Racecraft this past winter? Or are you using it daily?
Old 04-13-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Did you store the Racecraft this past winter? Or are you using it daily?
I was driving that car daily until August. After that, it became my garage queen. It only comes out on nice days, but it stayed in there from November till March really. Just the routine starting and rolling it back out and in again to move the tires. I'll tell ya tho, I had a blast driving it daily to work everyday for those few months!
Old 04-13-2010
Administrator

Quote:
I was driving that car daily until August. After that, it became my garage queen.
Is your RC a keeper? I noticed you upgraded the exhaust, now with your suspension upgrades... are you in it for the long haul?
Old 04-13-2010
SOEC Member

The RC will hopefully be around. And to be honest, I dont plan on pushing the car. Its rides great, handles great and has the power I want. Also wanted a Saleen when I was in high school so I plan to hold onto her.
Old 04-13-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Also wanted a Saleen when I was in high school so I plan to hold onto her.
Not a bad deal. If you think about it, don't hesitate to purchase a few spares from Found-A-Deal and/or a new decal kit from MJA/SPV. Just to store.