The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1994-1998 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1994-1998 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 03-03-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Help: Replacement S351 bumper

Hi saleen misc. Im looking at purchasing an s351 bumper that i found used. But i have a few questions i need to address before i pull the trigger. Does anyone know how to tell if it is a true saleen s351 urethane bumper and not a knockoff. I called the saleen headquarters and they told me that their would be a part number of some sort stamped into the back inside of the bumper right behind the saleen lettering? I found another one also located farther away in which i called upon and the seller told me their was no part number whatsoever stamped in the back. I ended up calling the other person that i originally found first selling the other bumper and he told me the same thing. No stamped part number either? What the heck. What are the odds both are replica bumpers or one is fake and one is real. I hoping the saleen rep didnt give me wrong information considering one of the sellers is providing me with an invoice that he got from saleen which leads me to believe its real. Its just that **** number not being their thats getting me. Does any one know if the s351 bumpers speedworx, chicane, haney motorsports and stage 3 motorsports were real saleen s351 bumpers? If so which companys sold real ones and replica ones. Sorry for the long post guys but i appreciate any help. Thanks and have a good day.
Old 03-03-2017

Oh guys, sorry i forgot to mention two other things also. The seller that told me he had the saleen invoice from when they got the bumper also told me their was no hardware included, dont know if that would help distinguish whether its real and fake. The other seller also told me that his s351 bumper came in an xenon labeled box? How would it be real if it came in an xenon packaged box?
Old 03-03-2017
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen15 View Post
Oh guys, sorry i forgot to mention two other things also. The seller that told me he had the saleen invoice from when they got the bumper also told me their was no hardware included, dont know if that would help distinguish whether its real and fake. The other seller also told me that his s351 bumper came in an xenon labeled box? How would it be real if it came in an xenon packaged box?
Xenon had the Saleen vehicle body molds and made replacement exterior parts for Saleen Performance.
Old 03-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Xenon had the Saleen vehicle body molds and made replacement exterior parts for Saleen Performance.
So dave, do you know if the fitment was the exact same? I would imagine if the same molds were being used they would be. Whats your take. Thanks
Old 03-04-2017
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleen15 View Post
So dave, do you know if the fitment was the exact same? I would imagine if the same molds were being used they would be. Whats your take. Thanks
I would not expect these items to fit any better or worse than "originals."
Old 03-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I would not expect these items to fit any better or worse than "originals."
Thanks Dave, appreciate the help.
Old 03-05-2017

Front or rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1996 #222 1 of 21 in Moonlight Blue 1 of 8 with exact options

3:55's F-Leather 2 Point Chassis Brace

2000 #944 Performance Red 3:08's Chrome wheels, Supercharged, Floormats.

2002 #48 Mineral Gray Extreme
Old 03-06-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxfordS281 View Post
Front or rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be the rear bumper