The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1994-1998 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1994-1998 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 07-22-2015
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96-#247 View Post
Finally got it back from paint and installed new struts, control arms with bushings and X2 ball joints and Steeda bumpsteer.

Good god that looks nice!! Did that strut tower brace come with those decals on it or did you add them? Also where'd you get the cool red pullies? Paint looks awesome man. Would love to get mine painted again soon.
Old 07-22-2015
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kigmob View Post
Good god that looks nice!! Did that strut tower brace come with those decals on it or did you add them? Also where'd you get the cool red pullies? Paint looks awesome man. Would love to get mine painted again soon.
Those aren't decals that is paint, but to be fair decals did aide in the ability to paint it like that.

I have had the pullies for over 8 years they are from a clone that I used to have that I was smart and kept.

Old 01-12-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhavi4226 View Post
Attachment 16224

Put the Saleen wheels back on.
Beautiful ride!
1996 #222 1 of 21 in Moonlight Blue 1 of 8 with exact options

3:55's F-Leather 2 Point Chassis Brace

2000 #944 Performance Red 3:08's Chrome wheels, Supercharged, Floormats.

2002 #48 Mineral Gray Extreme
Old 10-23-2018
Saleen Forums Participant

Default 1997 Saleen S351 #27

I thought I would bring an update to this thread as the SN-95 forum has been relatively quite as of late. I acquired #27 a few years back and after driving it for one summer decided to go through some items needing attention on the car. Like others on the forum, I went through the entire suspension, replacing every bushing. I also replaced the shocks and struts with Bilstein HD series products. In addition to suspension, I also went through the entire brake system (there is a separate thread in which I built a two-piece "direct bolt-on" front rotor) front and rear, with Hawk HPS pads and stainless braided brake lines in the rear to match the factory front lines. While going through the car, I realized that one of the front magnesium wheels had a hair line crack, so I spent 6-10 months tracking down a replacement and while at it, put new tires on all four corners. Unfortunately, when I bought the car, it did not have its original tailpipes, so I replaced the cat-back system that was on the car with Flowmaster Force II's and a BBK off road x-pipe. Since I had the car relatively apart, I took advantage of the time to clean and touch up most everything under the car. I performed a tune up on the car consisting of plugs, wire and filter and replaced the clutch as well. I had the car back together the entire summer, putting somewhere north of 500 miles on the car, including a trip down to the MS Coast for "Cruisin the Coast". In advance of anybody's comments on originality, I did not cut or hack anything on the car, so anything that was replaced was a bolt-on item and all original pieces have been retained. My goal with the car is to have a fun and reliable car.
Attached Thumbnails
MS S351.jpg  

Attached Images

1997 #27 Speedster - Black
Old 10-23-2018

Beautiful.
Old 10-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRYZ351 View Post
I thought I would bring an update to this thread as the SN-95 forum has been relatively quite as of late. I acquired #27 a few years back and after driving it for one summer decided to go through some items needing attention on the car. Like others on the forum, I went through the entire suspension, replacing every bushing. I also replaced the shocks and struts with Bilstein HD series products. In addition to suspension, I also went through the entire brake system (there is a separate thread in which I built a two-piece "direct bolt-on" front rotor) front and rear, with Hawk HPS pads and stainless braided brake lines in the rear to match the factory front lines. While going through the car, I realized that one of the front magnesium wheels had a hair line crack, so I spent 6-10 months tracking down a replacement and while at it, put new tires on all four corners. Unfortunately, when I bought the car, it did not have its original tailpipes, so I replaced the cat-back system that was on the car with Flowmaster Force II's and a BBK off road x-pipe. Since I had the car relatively apart, I took advantage of the time to clean and touch up most everything under the car. I performed a tune up on the car consisting of plugs, wire and filter and replaced the clutch as well. I had the car back together the entire summer, putting somewhere north of 500 miles on the car, including a trip down to the MS Coast for "Cruisin the Coast". In advance of anybody's comments on originality, I did not cut or hack anything on the car, so anything that was replaced was a bolt-on item and all original pieces have been retained. My goal with the car is to have a fun and reliable car.
I have the correct exhaust tips for this car.
1996 #222 1 of 21 in Moonlight Blue 1 of 8 with exact options

3:55's F-Leather 2 Point Chassis Brace

2000 #944 Performance Red 3:08's Chrome wheels, Supercharged, Floormats.

2002 #48 Mineral Gray Extreme