The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-22-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Q: Supercharger problems? - 2001 Series II

Hello. I recently bought a 2001 supercharged saleen. The supercharger sounds horrible and I'm having a hard time finding anywhere to rebuild it. I don't have much money to put in it at the moment. There is a local shop that will give me a good deal on a supercharger off a 2003 cobra. I think that's an eaton m112. My car has the series 2 saleen supercharger. Will the cobra s/c work as a replacement? The manifold is not included with the s/c, will mine work. Please help, I need to get the car drivable.
Old 09-22-2015
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

An Eaton M112 from a cobra will not fit your intake. I also don't think you can take a 4V intake and bolt it up to a 2V motor? I believe there is at least one company that makes an intake to bolt an M112 to a 2V motor but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Do a search here on rebuilding the M90, I believe Steigemeier and Magnuson may offer rebuild services for them.
Old 09-22-2015
SOEC Member

Ted is right... neither the M112 or the Cobra intake will fit your 2V engine. Give Stiegemeier Porting a call. They can do a rebuild of your blower or a full porting job as well. Here's the link....http://stiegemeier.com/ Usually at this age, the blower series II snout gears and bearings need rebuilding and the lobes may also need some freshening up too. But there is plenty of life left in your blower with some care and feeding. Porting the blower will get you a few extra psi too. Stiegemeier is great at this and reasonable in cost too.

99-126 "Saleena"
Old 09-22-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thank you both for the advise. I will give that a shot.
Old 10-13-2015
SOEC Member

Stiegmeier did my Series II last year, and I was VERY happy with their work. They COMPLETLY rebuilt my blower to include rear case bearings, and recoated my rotors with Teflon. I did not do any porting on it, but he does come highly recommended for porting. Be careful of another unnamed company on the west coast that will over-promise and under deliver. When I paid for a complete rebuild and just got a snout rebuilt. When I got it back the work they did was not good as I had a leaking split line. I basically got ripped off $1,100 bucks. I learned the hard way. They are suppose to be a reputable company too.. GO figure... Bunch of crooks...
Old 10-13-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

I sent my supercharger to Stiegemeier last week. They quoted me $695 for a rebuild without porting. Seems like a hell of a deal. All great reviews for them also. I'm excited to get it back.
Old 10-18-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

how much roughly would steig charge to rebuild blower and manifold. my root coating is gone and my manifold is no good
Old 10-18-2015
SOEC Member

You should ask for a detailed list on what will be done on the rebuild. The unit should be completely torn apart, cleaned, and all seals & bearings replaced. Have them send you back the parts that came out of your unit.
Old 10-18-2015
SOEC Member

http://stiegemeier.com/saleen/
Old 10-18-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

thanks for the link.
Old 10-18-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

where did you go for that list im trying to find one for the manifold service aswell. I sound helpless haha
Old 10-18-2015
SOEC Member

It is under services within the link that was just provided. Do you know if they are OEM parts being installed or aftermarket?
Old 07-07-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c saleen View Post
Hello. I recently bought a 2001 supercharged saleen. The supercharger sounds horrible and I'm having a hard time finding anywhere to rebuild it. I don't have much money to put in it at the moment. There is a local shop that will give me a good deal on a supercharger off a 2003 cobra. I think that's an eaton m112. My car has the series 2 saleen supercharger. Will the cobra s/c work as a replacement? The manifold is not included with the s/c, will mine work. Please help, I need to get the car drivable.
Give us a call, we rebuild them!

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"