The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2009
SOEC Member

Smile How many Saleen cars in Sweden??

Hi.Evert Martensson from Sweden.We have an convertible Saleen 2005.With bumper number "1098".The coulor is sonic blue.We bought the car from Valley dealer in Glendale,Ca july 2008.Does anyone knows how many Saleen convertible there are in Sweden?Or how many Saleen cars there are in the whole Sweden?Send an picture of our lovely Saleen
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2009
Administrator

Welcome, Evert!

Thank you for signing up for the Saleen Forums at SOEC!

Anders Nylen has a matching coupe, but I don't know of any convertibles.

Again, Welcome, and thank you for the photos!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 08-31-2009
Administrator

Hi Evert and welcome to The Saleen Forums @ SOEC.org!

I don't know the amount of distance between you and Anders, but he should be around to say "hi!"

To correct Jim on color, your 2005 S281 is Sonic Blue while Anders has a 2006 in Vista Blue. Sonic was only offered on the S197 Mustang in 2005 and features a bit of purple in the shade. While Vista is a straight blue.

The neat thing about a Sonic Blue S281 convertible is... since Ford introduced the convertible body during the Spring/Summer of 2005 and Sonic was a one year deal... it's a little uncommon.

Enjoy the vehicle, enjoy the Saleen Community, and best wishes from the U.S! We look forward to seeing a SOEC window decal applied to your car.
Old 09-01-2009
SOEC Member

Hey, beautiful Saleen! I am in Germany. If you are ever in this area please look me up!
Welcome to hte club!
#06-409
MMR 1000S 302 Stroker, BBR Stage 2 cams 3.0 pulley 39# injectors, upgraded CAI, 20" Chrome w/275/35ZR's, 14 in Front Brakes, GT500 Heat Exchanger and Walbro Super Car dual fuel pumps, Rear bumper inlays, Shaftmaster 3.5 Alum Driveshaft, AEM Wideband A/F guage, Pypes Long tube headers X-pipe w/o Cats, Extreme chin spoiler, Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter, Hood Struts WMS stealth hood pins, Adj upper and lower rear control arms. tuned by Lito.
Old 09-01-2009
SOEC Member

Hi! I know two more Saleen cars in Sweden. Ulf Granath have an coupe saleen 2005,sonic blue is the coulor. Another guy his name is Bjorn Petersson have an 2005 coupe saleen supercharged.Send pictures of their cars.Ulfs car is beside our.Where can i buy an SOEC decal? We have taken seven trophys with our saleen this year.Swedish people loves the Saleen cars.
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2009
Administrator

Evert,

I'll send you an e-mail so that you can give me your address ... we'll get your SOEC Membership started, and I'll send you the decal.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 09-02-2009
SOEC Member

Hello from Sweden and Anders Nylén !
I was happy to see pictures of Everts Saleen convertible, and that he now will be a member of the #1 club; the SOEC ! In one of the picture you can see clearly how the regulations over in Europe is with the rear light glass, the authorities would like you to have a clear glass (in the middle of a ordinary Mustang) with a orange light bulb for the turn signal. On my car we did another solution, because i wanted it to look all original, so we deleted the back/reverse light (because there is no regulations for a functional reverse light in Sweden) and converted it to a turn signal, so it still looks original on the outside.
I proudly wear my new beautiful SOEC decal in the window of my car #1072 2006 Saleen S281 S/C in Vista Blue.
This has been a very nice summer so far, me and my family has really been driving a lot and enjoyed our "Blue Thunder" and have visited several car shows and we have received a lot of attention wherever we go with the car....i am also amazed that i still got my drivers licence....because this car is impossible to drive legally...you simply want to put the "pedal to the metal" all the time so you can listen to the music of the wonderful supercharger....mmmmm.....
Best regards from Sweden and a true Saleen enthusiast that has been hit by the Saleen bug !
Anders Nylén
anders.nylen@gullers-trading.se
Attached Thumbnails
080920 114x.jpg  

080920 116x.jpg  

101_4940.JPG  

101_4894.JPG  

101_4943.JPG  

Old 09-02-2009
SOEC Member

Cool

Hello again from Anders Nylén in Sweden !
I forgot to tell you guys about the pictures that i enclosed with my previous message.
The first two is when my son David and myself is out for a ride in our "Blue Thunder", the other pictures is from Saleen Inc. when my car was signed there by Mr. Steve Saleen, before it was shipped to Sweden. I am really proud of this because i am the only one in Sweden with a signed Saleen car ! It is Mr Saleens own Liztick red coupe that is beside my car outside Saleen Inc. The interior picture is showing my friend Mr. Frank Morales at Villa Ford in Orange County California besides my car just after i have bought it,....after many, many telephone calls to almost all Ford dealers in California, when i was chasing a Vista Blue Supercharged Saleen, and i finally found the car i looked for at Villa Ford and Mr. Frank Morales !
Best regards
Anders Nylén #1072 2006 Saleen S281 S/C
Closed Thread