The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 10-05-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Help: 2007 Sleeper GT info needed

Hey Guys, new to the site and thought I'd stop in to get some opinions. I flip vehicles for fun and just purchased a diesel pick-up off of a pretty cool car guy. Long story short, before I leave, he asks if I want to see a 07 Mustang his wife owns which will be up for sale due to her foot surgery. Turns out its a 49K mile red GT, perfect condition with a dealer installed Saleen super charger. They do the injectors, pcm, everything just like the "SLEEPER". He is the 2nd owner and thats what he was told. This GT does NOT have the sleeper decal or the Saleen window decal so I'm believing him. Is this car desirable? I know by what I have read if its a SLEEPER car, it holds a nice value and then how clean this car is and it's low miles, it should bring a fair penny. I have a chance to buy this car for 11,000 and I'm hoping it's a 12,500 to 13,000 flip.
Please offer opinions as I don't care to sit on it through the winter so I need to know if I'm close or way off.
Thanks for any help...
Old 10-05-2017
Administrator

Saleen produced one Torch Red Sleeper GT coupe in 2007. Vehicle featured an automatic transmission and sold at Rochester Ford.

How is the vehicle equipped on the Ford side? Charcoal color interior? Cloth seats? IUP bright dash package? Base, painted GT 17" wheels? Shaker 500 radio?
Old 10-06-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Saleen produced one Torch Red Sleeper GT coupe in 2007. Vehicle featured an automatic transmission and sold at Rochester Ford.

How is the vehicle equipped on the Ford side? Charcoal color interior? Cloth seats? IUP bright dash package? Base, painted GT 17" wheels? Shaker 500 radio?
This to the best of my knowlege is not a "Sleeper". It was a dealer installed Saleen supercharger. Performance wise, I believe it's the same but was not sent to Saleen for the Sleeper package, the dealer was ask to install this set up on day one. Thats the story Im getting with this car. My feelings are as spotless as this car is, it's a 7 to 8K GT. Then you add the Saleen set up, should add a fair value to it. My question is, is it worth 12 to 13 or not really...