The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Classifieds > eBay Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

eBay Madness Share or discuss interesting things for sale that were found on other sites such as eBay or CraigsList. Postings for items which infringe Saleen intellectual property or trademarks will be removed.

Old 02-04-2017
SOEC Member

Default CL: S331 Supercharger - $2500.00

I know nothing about this..

SALEEN S331 NEW SUPERCHARGER - $2500 (WEST HILLS)

condition: new
make / manufacturer: Saleen
model name / number: Series VI
BRAND NEW SALEEN SERIES VI SUPERCHARGER

2005-2008 Ford F-150 5.4L S331 Saleen Supercharger. The Saleen Series VI Supercharger is a twin screw design which will give you instant boost and low end torque.
This complete gear set will also bolt right into the Saleen Mustang equipped with the series VI supercharger.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...989762776.html
Old 02-04-2017
Administrator

Correction from the ad... not compatible with a 4.6 liter 3-valve Mustang.

David - Aiding The Addicted™
Join SOEC on Facebook * Follow SOEC on Instagram
Old 02-04-2017
SOEC Member

Hi Dave,

Looking at the ad wording, it states the gear-set is compatible with the 4.6 3V which I believe it is. The SC casing is different, but both those internal gear sets were Lysholm. I maybe wrong, but JDM confirmed this a while back with me.
Old 02-05-2017
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SaleenExtreme View Post
Hi Dave,

Looking at the ad wording, it states the gear-set is compatible with the 4.6 3V which I believe it is. The SC casing is different, but both those internal gear sets were Lysholm. I maybe wrong, but JDM confirmed this a while back with me.
Good catch!

David - Aiding The Addicted™
Join SOEC on Facebook * Follow SOEC on Instagram
Old 02-08-2017
SOEC Member

Yes, the gear set is compatible and basically the same. But why would you spend $2500 if you needed a "rotor pack" that you could buy for less? I think this is the sc that sold on ebay for $1700.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

CA's ONLY Authorized Speedlab Center
"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"

Old 03-16-2017
SOEC Member

The Supercharger was sold to a guy from Fresno who needed it for his Saleen truck. The guy took the truck to a Ford dealer who removed the SC unit and sent it to a shop in California. This shop quoted the guy $8,000 for repairs.
Talk about being taken to the cleaners. Below is his note:

All is well with the new parts I'm very happy & pleased to say... $4100 later for parts n labor is the total investment I have in this repair. I didnt want to push it to hard coming bk from Vegas. I gradually accelerated to speed posted and for 311mi it ran fantastic & a lil more smoother than before. The tune up n new boots n completely flushed cooling system & oil seems to be the icing on the cake ! Cant say thanks enough to you for blessing me with this SC charger...
Old 03-17-2017
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SaleenExtreme View Post
The Supercharger was sold to a guy from Fresno who needed it for his Saleen truck. The guy took the truck to a Ford dealer who removed the SC unit and sent it to a shop in California. This shop quoted the guy $8,000 for repairs.
Talk about being taken to the cleaners. Below is his note:

All is well with the new parts I'm very happy & pleased to say... $4100 later for parts n labor is the total investment I have in this repair. I didnt want to push it to hard coming bk from Vegas. I gradually accelerated to speed posted and for 311mi it ran fantastic & a lil more smoother than before. The tune up n new boots n completely flushed cooling system & oil seems to be the icing on the cake ! Cant say thanks enough to you for blessing me with this SC charger...

Gets your facts straight Wyatt, our charge to fix his blower was $1400 with shipping including an entirely new nose drive assembly. Whatever the dealer quoted him is between the dealership and their client. The Ford dealership gave him the $8,000 bill, not us. If needbe, I will ask the Gentlemen that owns the truck to post and verify. I don't appreciate the insinuations.

And to clarify, IF he had found us to begin with, we would have had him on the road in 3 days...not weeks. Including removing the supercharger, servicing the supercharger, reinstalling the supercharger, oil change, coolant flush (standard w/service) all for under $2,000. He still got taken to the cleaners by the Ford dealership, not us and we told him that.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

CA's ONLY Authorized Speedlab Center
"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"

Old 03-17-2017
SOEC Member

Jason,

There was no insinuation made in my post to you or your shop. Just simply a note stating the supercharger had been sold and a guy who was grateful to find it.