The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 08-17-2011
Account with Invalid Email

Default Registry Anyone?

Is there a registry started for the 420's? Would anyone be interested in starting one? Might be nice to start it now instead of 20 years from now...

Patrick
'08 Black
Old 05-11-2012
SOEC Member

I think this is a great idea. The low production of the car and even though Steve wasn't there, the same people and mindset to deliver a Saleen product makes it a Saleen. Give the car it's due. The same hands that touched your Saleen touched ours. The total build may be less then 55.
Old 05-12-2012
Administrator

Giving "due" is not the reason the vehicle is/was not included in a registry.

Saleen as a company had/has produced non-serialized vehicles before.

Part of the lower entry price had to do with this non-serialization (in the past). The idea of a vehicle "by Saleen."

Part of the Racecraft philosophy was to create a new brand, back in 2008.

Steve Saleen will sign a Racecraft vehicle, so it is recognized, to some degree. Last we knew, Saleen did have some form of record keeping regarding the Racecraft Mustangs. If for nothing else, warranty repairs.

An independent owners registry would be a great idea. A great place to start would be Saleen, to see what information was noted with regards to production... then try to fill in any blanks with the vehicles found.
Old 05-12-2012
SOEC Member

We know the past. We should be part of the history. I think all of us agree, we have been touched by steve.
Old 05-13-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

total for 09 was 58 racecrafts with differant option's, might not have a number on the bumper, but the heart and soul is saleen! a car meant to be driven and enjoyed , and at only 58 produced is rare numbered or not, same for the 08's ( my plate's read ONE OF 58 )
Old 05-14-2012

I would agree. We have a rare car and I would love for something formal to be created.
Old 05-18-2012

Ok so who's going to start the excel databse? What info do we want to include in the registry?

Year/ Color/ Vin/ Owner Info/ Options/ ???

Patrick
Old 05-18-2012
SOEC Member

Sounds like a great start. I've heard there is nine made in my color, candy apple red, if that's what it's called. I could post vin # as well. Let's get these cars registered. We need to support this.
Old 06-13-2012

Default Racecraft Registry

For information on my 08 Racecraft (white)

2008: 31 Cars produced. 14 were white.
2009: 58 Cars produced as stated.

I know other Racecraft owners have got used to hearing "I've never seen one of these" or "I've heard about these cars but have never actually seen one until now" when they take their cars to car shows. Another piece of Saleen history to be preserved.
Old 06-14-2012
SOEC Member

Default Registry Data

Has anyone thought about what data to capture for each vehicle? I'll volunteer to develop and maintain a spreadsheet to manage the info. Just need to know what info the group thinks is important. I'm not sure where to "post" the file, but expect we can solve that issue after it's developed...

Mine's a Torch Red 2009 with the front and rear spoilers deleted. Came that way. Bought at Napa Ford, California. I'm the first (and only) owner..

Cliff
Old 06-16-2012
SOEC Member

I just pick one up with about 3000 miles love it and the looks would Like to have a Registry that would be cool
Old 06-29-2012

Post up an email and invite folks to send over any info they want to share. I guess you could PM me or Cwarre9 and let's get this ball rolling. At minimum we should get the Vin, Color, Owner info ( as much as you want to share), Color, Options, any history they know ( previous owners, upgrades, accidents, ?).
Old 06-29-2012

Default Racecraft convertible?

Did I read correctly in one of the posters replies that they have Racecraft 420S convertible? Didn't know there were any. I'd like to see a picture of that car!
Old 06-30-2012

Default Registry Info

As we start to put the Registry together does any one out there have a list of standard features of the Racecrafts and or options available? I know most were strippers with little or no options. If you know the official names or codes and how to identify them that would help too.

Big Brake Package
Leather or Cloth?
Rear Spoilers

Patrick

Last edited by pbkelley; 06-30-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-30-2012

Default Racecraft specifications & options

Most of the information you are looking for can be found by googling "Racecraft 420S. Or contact tech rep at Speedlab.
Old 07-12-2012

Default 2008-2009 Racecraft 420S

89 is the total production of the 420S in 2008-2009. Mine is an 09 in Grabber Orange. I think there is also a 420S GO with a glass roof. These are rare and easy to mod. I have never seen another one on the road. Registry should include name, address, email address, date purchased, year, color, options, mods. what else is needed?
Old 08-26-2012

i have a 2009 dark candy red 420s. i called saleen and for 50 bucks they sent me a letter of authenticity describing everything. mine is 1 of 1 with the exact color and options for that yr. they made 58 racecrafts that yr, not bad. my options included leather interior with embroided headrest, that read racecraft, saleen steringwheel and shifter, supercharger, rear saleen wing, and decals