The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1994-1998 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1994-1998 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-28-2008
Suspended Account

Default Anyone own a 1994 V6 Sport by Steve Saleen?

i have one and i did not know it till today. h aha
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

Welcome! You own a rare car, indeed. We don't have too much material in our library on those, but certainly other enthusiasts out there do.

I remember those quite well as a neat little package, and it's been years since I've seen one.

I think you wrote in to our office seeking parts or decals... they're going to be tough to find I'm afraid, but I'd start with calling Saleen on Monday at 800-888-8945 and place a Wanted ad in our classifieds and at saleenls.com

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 06-28-2008
Suspended Account

ya i emailed to see i had no clue till someone told me it was that one, i thaught the guy before me who owned it did the work but i dont theink he had a clue eather. the car right now has been through some hell the stripes are not on it anymore the wheels are black instead of silver or white, the saleen wing is black also. im thinking mabey i should restore it to original? or mabey do my own little workand make it black and white? what do you think?
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

The V6 Sport wing was a unique 3-piece affair, if memory serves me. Neat that it survived. Same goes for the 17" inch Speedlines. Surprised they survived.

Bob White Decals once made a stripe kit similar to the Saleen V6 Sport tape. Off hand I recall two differences. One: They reflected light, glowed at night. Two: They might of had a "Mustang GT" cut out in the tape. Other than that, it was a pretty dead-on copy.
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast94 View Post
im thinking maybe i should restore it to original? or maybe do my own little work and make it black and white? what do you think?
If you have the original Speedlines and wing. You could probably do an easy restoration.

The interior was stock V6 Mustang except for the Saleen Fox leather shift knobs on the manual cars.

If anything... maybe keep the exterior V6 Sport spec, but add what you would like. GT style dual exhaust, GT seats, Vortech SC on the V6.

The V6 brochure and sales material will be posted in the future. If we can pull a crisp scan... maybe the V6 Sport by Steve Saleen logos can be reproduced into the correct decals for your car. Treat the booklet as clip art. Even better, if we can dig up a dealer slick sheet full of 1994 logos.

I take it the car is white?
Old 06-28-2008
Suspended Account

i need some help as you can see in these pics its not that original anymore so no one knows it probley...

when i got the car this is what it looked like........

[img]

this is what it lookes like now......

Last edited by Saleen Forums Admin; 06-28-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: To fix image links
Old 06-28-2008
Suspended Account

ya mine has the original wing, i have the original shift nob, and the car is white yes,

but the car had a bad history the rear wheels fell off the car twice and tore the quarters up bad and were repaired. previous owner did not know what the car was worth obviously
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

Quote:
i need some help as you can see in these pics its not that original anymore so no one knows it probley...
The white and blue is a neat look. Depending on what you want to invest, I'd go back to the flash look.

Since the car is complete, not a bad minor resto project.

Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

Quote:
ya mine has the original wing, i have the original shift nob, and the car is white yes,

but the car had a bad history the rear wheels fell off the car twice and tore the quarters up bad and were repaired. previous owner did not know what the car was worth obviously
Do you know how the previous owner let the wheels fall off?

The only thing I see missing is the Ford Mustang rocker panel plastic trim (and the pony emblems).
Old 06-28-2008
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Do you know how the previous owner let the wheels fall off?

The only thing I see missing is the Ford Mustang rocker panel plastic trim (and the pony emblems).

are you meaning go back to the white and blue look or my look?

and i dont think the guy tightend the bolts down good on it thats why thay fell off.
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

Quote:
are you meaning go back to the white and blue look or my look?

and i dont think the guy tightend the bolts down good on it thats why thay fell off.
You have a street-racer looking going now. Understated.

If you want to play up the Saleen V6 Sport identity, I'd go back to the white and blue.

The survival rate of these Sports is probably low. The Laser Red one down south and the Silver one that lost it's V6 for a 351 that was out west are the only two that come to mind.
Old 06-28-2008
Suspended Account

Quote:
You have a street-racer looking going now. Understated.

If you want to play up the Saleen V6 Sport identity, I'd go back to the white and blue.

The survival rate of these Sports is probably low. The Laser Red one down south and the Silver one that lost it's V6 for a 351 that was out west are the only two that come to mind.

ya it sound like a good idea. what would be the best but what would be cheeper? getting the wheels painted white or powder coat?

and since thare might not be any stripes avalible anymore should i just find some blue ones? but im really thinking the black and white look real nice, its kind of a hard decision for me.
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

I'd strip the wheels and have the centers painted white. Then polish the lips out by hand (Start with Eagle One Never Dull and finish with Mothers Metal polish.). Then maybe clear the entire wheel. The Speedline Saleen center caps are hard-to-find and can become pricey. Try and see if the 1999-2004 S logo caps work/fit. This would be the budget way.

If the quarters need repaired or if the car needs painted, add that expense. I would put the money in quarter repair if the car needs 'em. Paint can be handled at a small shop as a side project. Nothing over and beyond a factory style job is needed.

Toss in new 1994-1998 Ford Mustang emblems. and a white Saleen windshield banner. Polish out the headlights. Locate the Mustang rocker trim... ...or maybe go with a vintage CDC side exhaust kit for that '90s look.

A decal shop should be able to to reproduce the dual side stripe fade. You have clear photos that can be used as a guide and the turn signal give a reference point to where the stripe should end. Looks like the fade starts around the door handle. Or see if Bob White still makes the kit I'm thinking of.

I tend to view white and blue as the Saleen signature color scheme. Maybe it's all those '80s FOX cars that did it to me.

If you don't like blue... maybe do the stripes in solid black. Or a silver or a charcoal fade.

White with white wheels is pretty striking.

If we can find artwork... the V6 Saleen logo decals should be able to be repopped by a decal place.

In the end, you have to do what makes you enjoy the car. Opinions are just that.

It's a neat car. Continue having fun with it!
Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

Here's a rough picture of a brochure I found...

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 06-28-2008
Administrator

I would definitely give Saleen a call... I seem to remember at least the emblem decals were on the shelf in the back of the Saleen Store. They have been doing inventory since moving all that stuff to Michigan, but they might have a grasp on what's in stock by now.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 06-28-2008
Suspended Account

i think i made up my idea im probley going to go for the look im doing right now, im not planning on selling it anymore so im going to have the wheels painted gloss black then have em cleared. keep the wing black and the rear lights black, im putting a mac 2-1/2 inch muffler kit with new cats on monday or tuesday, ill buy new headlights since iv tried to buff them out already.and have a guy i know make some black side stripes that fade kinda like the original blues, and have him make the saleen emblem for my windsheild.

i know how to do body work so im not worried about paying anyone to do it, the quarters are pretty much fixed anyway. and i do still have the rocker pannels in my house here. and lucky me i have a box of emblems to choose from.

problem i have is the previous owner did not know how to work on his car because thare is evidence of him jacking the car up under the core support cause its all bent, he tried to jack it up whare the rocker pannel lip is and bent that. so should i get a new core support? i mean everything still works right and the bumpers still fit but the bottom of the bumper dose not attach.

ill send some pics of the damage so you can see.
Old 06-29-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I saw one of these for the 1st time a few years ago... never even knew they existed.
88-#249
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
521 Charcot Ave Suite #199
San Jose, CA 95131
408/898-4632
Old 06-29-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPSMak View Post
I saw one of these for the 1st time a few years ago... never even knew they existed.
Just being curious Mike, what exterior color was the one you saw?
Old 06-29-2008

Quote:
Just being curious Mike, what exterior color was the one you saw?
It was green and it was in BAD shape....
88-#249
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
521 Charcot Ave Suite #199
San Jose, CA 95131
408/898-4632
Old 07-01-2008
Suspended Account

what was the number to saleen? im going to call to see if any stripes are in stock.

btw i painted my wheels white thay look awsome.
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

Quote:
what was the number to saleen? im going to call to see if any stripes are in stock.

btw i painted my wheels white thay look awsome.
The Forum Admin or Jim D. should know the phone number off-hand.

Neat to read about the wheels. Feel free to keep us up-to-date with photos!
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

Saleen Parts/Speedlab: 800-888-8945

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 06-18-2013

Quote:

when i got the car this is what it looked like........

this is what it lookes like now......

I would love to get this guys information and to know if he still owns the car. Hasn't been on in a few years...
Old 06-20-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Saleen V6 Sport Update...

Hello Saleen V6 Sport Fans, I've been offline for quite awhile, but still own a Saleen Sport. I would like to connect with anyone else who owns one and compare cars and dialogue. Since I bought my daughter this car I have run into another Saleen Sport owner close by. These are very fun cars and a joy to drive. We really cleaned up my daughters car, but have installed S281 Saleen wheels and S281 side stripes to bring it more current, but we stayed with the Saleen theme. We get compliments all of the time. I am looking for a clean 1996-1998 S281 Coupe for sale if anyone has one available at a reasonable price. I encourage anyone who owns a V6 Sport to contact me anytime. Also, I have another daughter who is now driving and I would ask for your help to locate another V6 Sport for sale? All the Best - Vince
P.S.-I'll try to post some photo's if possible of what my daughters car looks like today.
Attached Thumbnails
Saleen1.jpg  

Saleen3.jpg  

Old 06-20-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Saleen V6 Sport Pic's...

I found some additional pictures of my daughters Saleen V6 Sport when we first purchased it and started to clean it up. The original Blue stripes were very faded and nasty looking, so we replaced them with an updated S281 look, which really looks great now. We still have the original 17" Speedline wheels which brand new Yokahama's wrapped around them. We use the Speedlines for Winter driving with a great wet winter performance Yokahama tire, and we use the 18" Saleen Wheels for Summer driving since they look cool and handle much better as a wider rim/tire combo and have a better dry performance tire also. Behind all of the stock speaker covers we went with all Rockford Fosgate equipment and a simple single 10" subwoofer in the trunk so that access to the spare tire is simple as well. To give the already great sounding exhaust system a deeper tone, we added an x-pipe. The car sounds extremely close to a V8 growl so much that no one ever knows the car is a V6 unless I tell them. Hope you enjoy the pic's.

Vince
Attached Thumbnails
Saleen V6 Sport.1.jpg  

Saleen V6 Sport.2.jpg  

Saleen V6 Sport.3.jpg  

Saleen V6 Sport.4.jpg  

Old 06-20-2013
SOEC Member

There was a black one at the last open house. I believe he is a forum member, but I don't know his user name. Maybe he'll pop on. I saw a red one in Tracy Ca, the guy who owned it didn't know what it was...lol Of course I spent a bit of time educating him...
Old 06-20-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Saleen Sport...

Hello Werecow, thanks for the reply. I know the young man personally with the black Salen Sport. His father is the original owner of the car, and passed it down to him when he started driving. I almost joined him for the last open house but I had another commitment that weekend. As for the one in Tracy, CA, I am not familiar with that owner? It sounds like you were in the Tracy area when you spoke with the owner...do you happen to know where he resides? I have friends who live in Tracy, and I only live 15 minutes from there, but I've never seen this one before. I have seen another one that has been through ALOT of hands, but it needs ALOT of work and the present owner paid way-too-much for it when his girlfriend bought the car, and he is trying to get the price of a clean S281 for it. Do you own a Saleen Sport yourself? Good talking...Vince
Old 06-23-2013
SOEC Member

I'll have to look at a map to wrok out the street name. The lady and I - just for you Jim - use to take walks and I just happened upon the car parked in the street. I am not sure if he is even still there...

No, I have never owned a Saleen Sport. I didn't even know about them until they quit making them. I rememebr seeing the earlier version on the fox-body platform, but never the SN195's. I have owned an 89 hatch, 2001 SC coupe - just sold it - and have a 2011 currently.

Hopefully, you can make the next open house!
Old 01-10-2014
Saleen Forums Participant

Old 01-10-2014

Old 01-10-2014

Old 01-10-2014

Old 01-10-2014

Old 01-10-2014

Old 01-10-2014

Old 02-10-2014
Account with Invalid Email

Default This Pony needs a new home!

I am selling this laser red 1994 V6 Saleen. It has less than 39,000 miles on it.
Attached Thumbnails
94LaserRedV6.jpg  

Old 02-10-2014
SOEC Member

Were any of these built on a convertible chassis?
Old 02-10-2014

of the 29 that were built I don,t think any of them were topless.
Old 03-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LaserRedV6 View Post
I am selling this laser red 1994 V6 Saleen. It has less than 39,000 miles on it.
Just curious, but how much?
Old 03-02-2014

I saw one just sold on auction for over $10,000. I have mine at $7,995. Interested?
Old 03-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LaserRedV6 View Post
I saw one just sold on auction for over $10,000. I have mine at $7,995. Interested?
I wish I had the room for it, or I would be. It is the cleanest S-232 I have seen. I was just curious more than anything. Beautiful car you have there!
Old 03-31-2015
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 1994 v6 sport forsale

Hey saw this post a while back and I'm finally ready to sell my v6 sport. It's in pretty good condition but it does need a little work. I'm hoping to find someone that appreciates these car and knows what it's worth. Let me know if your interested and we can chat I'll try and post a few pics thanks. I'm located in livermore ca
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 03-31-2015
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperboss View Post
Hey saw this post a while back and I'm finally ready to sell my v6 sport. It's in pretty good condition but it does need a little work. I'm hoping to find someone that appreciates these car and knows what it's worth. Let me know if your interested and we can chat I'll try and post a few pics thanks. I'm located in livermore ca
Give Greg Wackett a shout for value and interest.

If you do not mind, please PM me the VIN to this car, thanks.