The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 02-19-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: Value of catalog SC equipment?

I'm buying a Mustang, Non-Saleen, thats equipped with some cool catalog Saleen SC parts. The car has a grail-type SC intake with the raised letters, and a set of Saleen logo SC style leather FloFit seats with matching rear.

The story I got from the seller is, the car was owned by someone who lived two doors down from Steve Saleen, and had the cool parts installed by Saleen at the facility back in the day.

First off, I'm not sure what I plan to do with the parts. I do plan to stock out the car as a daily driver, and use the cool stuff on a project I don't have yet. I could possibly use the seats in my 88 Saleen notch to keep the OG FloFits in mint shape, as I like to drive the car, but don't want to hurt the unobtainium fabric upholstery.

Whats the fair market today on a grail-type Saleen intake, SC leather FloFits, correct Saleen ceramic coated headers and a 200MPH Saleen speedo head?

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2016
SOEC Member

First we must identify which "grail" intake it is. There are several different versions. If you can post a pic of it I can assist with that info, then we can determine the value.
Old 02-22-2016
Administrator

Maybe contact Marc Allen. He is restoring a well abused 1990 SC. See what your items are worth to someone with a vehicle that had such things from the start.
Old 04-22-2016

Heres the intake. The lower is the truck unit with the rear mounted pcv setup. This intake has never been off the car, the t-body and egr spacer are right too. The 10 pin connector holder is simple but *****in', just like the factory SC pieces.
Old 04-22-2016
SOEC Member

OK, a few questions. Can you shoot me a picture of the front plug and the lower? What car did it come off of? I realize you're asking for a value. Is it going to be for sale or is this just for your knowledge? Value will be the same either way, just asking.
Old 04-22-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokn Nx View Post
Heres the intake. The lower is the truck unit with the rear mounted pcv setup. This intake has never been off the car, the t-body and egr spacer are right too. The 10 pin connector holder is simple but *****in', just like the factory SC pieces.
$300.00 or so.
Old 04-23-2016

The lower is still on the car. The car itself is an 87 GT. The guy who built the car was supposedly Steves neighbor. The front plug is a blue screw in deal, same with the other plugs. All Allen screw plugs. It's identical to what I see on SC cars.
Old 05-18-2016

Check this out. Found this while checking the vin on the back of the block....

Dave Dixon built motor?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...&1463617148915