The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-01-2009
SOEC Member

Default Next Mods

Might be getting $3800 so here is what I was thinking of adding to the car

What I have now:

JDM tune
3.2 pulley
KB BAP
V10 w/p pulley
replaced both idler pullies with 90mm steel ones
vac line kit
HT0 plugs
BBK ORX pipe
Flowmaster 40's
dual fans on heat exchanger
BMR anti-wheel hop kit
Hurst Comp shifter
CHE brace with TQ limiters

What Im thinking of adding:
Saleen Extreme fuel pumps
Saleen Extreme CAI
60lb inj
3.0 pulley
New JDM tune
10" Welds wheels (or like ones) for the rear
325/50/15 MT DR's

Any suggestions on something better, please advise
Old 09-02-2009
SOEC Member

3.0 pulley may be pushing the limits of the bottom end...

BMW 528i

SOLD---2006 S281SC #712
Old 09-02-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

i would get the bottem end done. ive seen complete rotating assy for 1800. forged rods pistons and a cobra crank along with the pistion rings and pins. thne i would get the heads done.
Old 09-02-2009
SOEC Member

check out founda deal for bottom end kits...I got mine for 1600 shipped. I believe it's leftover inventory from 08 extremes and H302SC's. Maybe even dark horses...I don't think they finished production. They have two kits: one for NA and one for blown! The sc kit lowers compression and also ups the cubes to 302. (longer stroke I guess, I just knew it was a steal). I've been eyeing their Ernie Elliot ported heads to be next but will have to wait. They too were intended for E cars I believe?
Old 09-03-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

where did you get the assy. doing that over the winter. hook a brother up
Old 09-03-2009
SOEC Member

Take a look at my Mosaleen idler system for the 05 to 09 Saleens. You can get the mosaleen idler pulley system and Plus the dual GT 500 fuel pump, or Extreme fuel pump and retune. You will gain 1 lb of boost with the mosaleen idler or more. Im running the 3.20 JDM pulley GT 500 dual fuel pump +everything you have including spark plugs from JDM, no forged internals. Mine made 11 lbs of boost then added mosaleen idler went to 12 1/4 lbs of boost gained 54 rwhp and 43 rwtq. My dyno sheets are on my web site showing the gains in hp / tq. 2005 Saleen S/C press car #10.
www.mosaleen.com

Scott
2005 S/C #10 Press Car w/ Scenic Roof
3.20 S/C Pulley & 18% overdrive Crank
Mosaleen S/C no slip idler system
3:73 gears, Watts link Gen II
14" front brakes, slotted rear rotors
Brenspeed 302, 47lb inj, longtubes/ catted H-pipe 570 rwhp 545 rwtq (SAE) 13.5 lbs boost, Afco heat exchanger
F-5 Joplin Mo. Tornado surviour 5-22-11.
Old 09-03-2009
SOEC Member

call 901-259-2220 and mention SOEC forums. I think they may be auctioning the remaining kits off. Bidding starts around 1300. I saw the high compression one for sale but hadn't searched their full listings yet...I've been trying to stay out of there if you know what I mean. I think they are linked to buysaleen.com as well. To get to their ebay store just search saleen parts and everything out of Germantown, TN is them.

I picked up a rear decklid spoiler new for $85!!

i will pm you one source

Last edited by redflagsc; 09-05-2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 09-04-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflagsc View Post
call 901-259-2220 and mention SOEC forums. I think they may be auctioning the remaining kits off. Bidding starts around 1300. I saw the high compression one for sale but hadn't searched their full listings yet...I've been trying to stay out of there if you know what I mean. I think they are linked to buysaleen.com as well. To get to their ebay store just search saleen parts and everything out of Germantown, TN is them.
I picked up a rear decklid spoiler new for $85!!

Hey, Paul...

Glad you're excited about picking up some good deals from them the guys at buyspeedparts.com/buysaleen.com, and it's good to get them while the dealing's good.

Certainly there's a fair amount of inventory and surplus that was shipped to Tennessee, but it isn't going to last forever, so thanks for sharing. I'd rather a Saleen enthusiast get what he needs than let it go to waste.

There are also a lot of other options for sources out there, and we hope to give them a fair shake as well.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC: