The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 1998-2001 XP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1998-2001 XP For the XP6 & XP8 Ford Explorer-based models.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2016
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Long time Explorer owner, First time Saleen owner - 99-0023 XP8

Hello all, and thank you for having me here! This is my first post, and thought i would share my newest truck, 1999 0023 XP8. First, a little about me:

My name is Russell, I own a business here in Austin, Tx called Bandit Customs. We specialize in Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury repair and modifications, but have a special interest in Explorers (and by extension Mountaineers, Aviators, Rangers, Navajo's, etc). Ive only ever driven Explorers since I was 16 and still have my first Explorer to this day. that was 14 years ago haha. My business partner shares a similar story and between us have owner somewhere around 35-50 explorers. Having said all that, we have always wanted our own XP8 vehicle, but never really could find one that needed the Bandit touch so to speak, until by chance we came across this one.

It was directed to us from a friend who said he saw it parked for a while and thought we might be interested in buying it. I went out to look at it, and knew I had to have it. The truck had been wrecked in a head on collision sometime in March 2015 and had been sitting since. the owner (who is the original owner by the way) wanted to get rid of it and we cut a deal and brought him home. Plan is to rebuild and restore it back to showroom quality. Granted i do not have much XP8 experience, but have loads of Explorer experiance, and seeing as how XP8's are really explorers in a track suit, i feel we can bring this truck back from the brink of death. So here yea go!