The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-20-2017
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Value Q: 2008 Saleen Dan Gurney Edition

Hello everyone,

I have a question that I am hoping one of you has the answer to. I live down in the Port Arthur area that got flooded a couple of weeks ago due to hurricane Harvey. As you can imagine, my car was flooded all the way to the steering wheel. I had a Saleen Dan Gurney #13 in the white with blue stripes color scheme. It had roughly 26k miles on it. What would be the best way to find a good, accurate value for it? The insurance still has to inspect it but I'm Afraid that they'll try to low ball me and pay me me as if though it was a regular mustang gt. If anyone has any information please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Alejandro
Old 09-20-2017
SOEC Member

Sorry to read about the loss of your car. Sorry, I can't be much help with the value. Hopefully you have insurance that will properly cover it.
Old 09-21-2017
SOEC Member

Sorry to here about your loss. Do you have the Letter of Authenticity? That could help establish the car as something more valuable than a standard Mustang GT. If you do not have it, you can order it here: http://shop.saleen.com/product_p/12-014-00001-01.htm
Old 11-06-2017
SOEC Member

**** shame to lose the car.

This blue DG is priced on the low side, in my opinion,
1979 Mustang Indianapolis Pace Car
1979 Mustang Indianapolis Pace Car Go-kart
2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones #161 of 500 (the only automatic PJ)