The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-23-2006
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default 1989-90 Saleen SE - Eagle One Package

I know that these were the Eagle one give away cars, but how were they optioned,painted,engine modifications? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2006
Administrator

Default Re: 89-90 Saleen SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH74
I know that these were the Eagle one give away cars, but how were they optioned,painted,engine modifications? Thanks.

From the Saleen Registy:
89-01 SE: No owners recorded, Eagle One Giveaway car
89-02 SE: 1 owner recorded, Eagle One Graphic car Sold to Dealer

90-02 SE: Owner recorded, Eagle One Car, see build sheet for specs
90-03 SE: No owners recorded, Eagle One Car, see build sheet for specs

The only thing I might be able to recall is that they had a custom tu-tone interior that went with the exterior graphics, but I don?t know why I think this.

I think a well-used SE was listed for sale in Florida a few years ago.
Old 09-27-2006

Thanks Dave, those are sharp cars, were they 2 seaters like the SSC, or any engine mods? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH74
Thanks Dave, those are sharp cars, were they 2 seaters like the SSC, or any engine mods? Thanks.
They are sharp! :D

As for the specs of the SE, I either don't know or I can't remember. :cry:
Old 05-05-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH74 View Post
While going through the saleenlocator archives... here's a follow-up.

The dealer sales material stated the Eagle One package was only available in dark exterior colors, featured DP wheels, a car care kit, and Eagle One owners jacket. Along with the decal package. No engine mods. Now with this said...

...the '89 Eagle One car owned by Barney Li featured the SALEEN SC intake, Pro-M kit, 1990-93 style brace, 1990-91 style tu-tone leather FloFits and the 1989 style Saleen Mustang door panel inserts.

Article states the engine as SSC spec with SPP intake.

Anyway... neat stuff and this material will be posted for the public under the literature section of the website in a few weeks.
Old 05-07-2008
Suspended Account

Old 05-07-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
Nice find! I can't recall what I did with the original scan.
Old 05-07-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
You've scanned so much Saleen stuff I'm surprised you recognize it!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-08-2008
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I saved alot of things from the old site
Old 05-08-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
I saved alot of things from the old site
Not a bad thing to do. I had a "forum photo" folder that I used to link images from with the old forum package. The "bad" thing was, I never kept the folder organized and would delete the contents from time-to-time.
Old 09-06-2010
Administrator

"1992 MCA show in Atlanta." SE #02

From here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4211355...n/photostream/
Attached Thumbnails
3882487131_78cdb834f9_b.jpg  

Old 09-06-2010

Thanks Dave, great photo.
Old 09-07-2010

I know one person who owns one of the eagle cars. he lives in Atlanta. Has a really nice Boss 302.
96 Saleen S351R #13
97 Saleen S351R #23 vert
99 Saleen S351R #46 (2000 chassis)
95 Saleen S351 #43, SR Spec
99 Saleen S351R #42 (2000 Chassis)
99 Saleen S351R #29
Old 09-07-2010
Inactive Account

rumor has it one is in the hands of the mexican police, the owner made it back to the states :)
Old 09-08-2010

I guess it would be like the white 93 SC convertible that went South of the Border, never seen again, what a shame.
Old 09-08-2010
Inactive Account

At least we know they have good taste in car, WHITE!!!!
Old 03-24-2012
Saleen Forums Registrant

I've been looking for serious info on this car for at least 8 years. I was at work one day running a website when my boss came to the server site one day I heard the clear roar of a 5.0 Mustang pull up. My boss drops what is clearly a set of Ford keys on my desk. I ask, "What you got?" well my boss also had a used car lot. He calmly says "Some Mustang Saleen." My response of course, "Is it real?" He says to me "Sure go check it out."

Jokingly I asked to check it out when I go get lunch. He stunned me with a "Yes." I grab my girlfriend who worked with me and just told her "Lets go to Burger King." I run outside to see a black Saleen, pop the hood, check the badge, 90-02SE. I was WTF SE? 5 minutes later doing 110mph down the deadliest road in the state, we slow down to hit BK. I drove there, she drove back. When I saw my boss, I gave him a Whopper and a down payment. 90-02SE has been in my hands since around 2000-2001.

I checked my paper Saleen Owners Registry and there it was. Upon inspection, I later notice gap and color issues, two different sets of rims, one the DP-5, the other, generic 5 star GT. The car had previously been wrecked and the owner never reported it, hence the different rims, insurance would have got him the DP's again.

It was also missing the Eagle One graphic from both sides and the SE2 from the front bumper. The car has now been hit, backed into, or crashed in some way minimum 4 times. The worst being the last time. After cleaning the engine one day I slammed the hood and the ****ed airbag went off, with the windows up. So I go remove the airbag, go inside, I'm done. I should have taken it as a sign.

The next night I was on the way to pick-up my girlfriend up from work when I put the car into a pole doing around 40mph. Went sideways about 50ft in palmettos before hitting the pole. I could see my girlfriends work from the car, only problem... I bought the car for her. It has been in pieces since around 2004 and currently sits covered in a field, waiting to be restored.

If anyone has any questions, I now own the car and can answer them and show pictures. The rare cars are out there, some of are us a just careless enough to put them into a pole and take it off the road for 8 years plus. I just started making room in the garage for the car. I've moved across county several times with the service and likely lost bits of the car. I plan to start restoration soon, so hopefully we'll get a decent literally pulled out of the weeds in a field rare wreck of a sports car, to a show winner over the next months.

Sorry for the long beginning but, the girlfriend became my wife and she passed away serving in the Marines and I inherited the car. This thing has way more sentimental value than any cash anyone could offer me for it.

That "well-used SE" Dave talks about in 2006 being listed a few years ago, was likely 90-02SE, the one I ended up with. I bought it in Florida.

I'll post pics of the car over the decade or so its been under my control, from when I got it to pics of the last wreck, to where it sits in a field.

Last edited by Dave; 03-25-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2012
SOEC Member

Eagle 90 - 02. :(

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20120325_162244.jpg  

IMG_20120325_162357.jpg  

Last edited by Dave; 03-26-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Fixed images.
Old 03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pernicious View Post
I've been looking for serious info on this car for at least 8 years. I was at work one day running a website when my boss came to the server site one day I heard the clear roar of a 5.0 Mustang pull up. My boss drops what is clearly a set of Ford keys on my desk. I ask, "What you got?" well my boss also had a used car lot. He calmly says "Some Mustang Saleen." My response of course, "Is it real?" He says to me "Sure go check it out."

Jokingly I asked to check it out when I go get lunch. He stunned me with a "Yes." I grab my girlfriend who worked with me and just told her "Lets go to Burger King." I run outside to see a black Saleen, pop the hood, check the badge, 90-02SE. I was WTF SE? 5 minutes later doing 110mph down the deadliest road in the state, we slow down to hit BK. I drove there, she drove back. When I saw my boss, I gave him a Whopper and a down payment. 90-02SE has been in my hands since around 2000-2001.

I checked my paper Saleen Owners Registry and there it was. Upon inspection, I later notice gap and color issues, two different sets of rims, one the DP-5, the other, generic 5 star GT. The car had previously been wrecked and the owner never reported it, hence the different rims, insurance would have got him the DP's again.

It was also missing the Eagle One graphic from both sides and the SE2 from the front bumper. The car has now been hit, backed into, or crashed in some way minimum 4 times. The worst being the last time. After cleaning the engine one day I slammed the hood and the ****ed airbag went off, with the windows up. So I go remove the airbag, go inside, I'm done. I should have taken it as a sign.

The next night I was on the way to pick-up my girlfriend up from work when I put the car into a pole doing around 40mph. Went sideways about 50ft in palmettos before hitting the pole. I could see my girlfriends work from the car, only problem... I bought the car for her. It has been in pieces since around 2004 and currently sits covered in a field, waiting to be restored.

If anyone has any questions, I now own the car and can answer them and show pictures. The rare cars are out there, some of are us a just careless enough to put them into a pole and take it off the road for 8 years plus. I just started making room in the garage for the car. I've moved across county several times with the service and likely lost bits of the car. I plan to start restoration soon, so hopefully we'll get a decent literally pulled out of the weeds in a field rare wreck of a sports car, to a show winner over the next months.

Sorry for the long beginning but, the girlfriend became my wife and she passed away serving in the Marines and I inherited the car. This thing has way more sentimental value than any cash anyone could offer me for it.

That "well-used SE" Dave talks about in 2006 being listed a few years ago, was likely 90-02SE, the one I ended up with. I bought it in Florida.

I'll post pics of the car over the decade or so its been under my control, from when I got it to pics of the last wreck, to where it sits in a field.
Where in FL are you and the car located?
Old 04-22-2012
Administrator

Pernicious,

I was able to talk to Steve and Liz tonight about your car and they were quite interested in your story and offered some suggestions to identify more about its history, some of which may be solved once the records get back to California and they are sorted out. A few names to contact also came up.

We'll be in touch.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 04-22-2012
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Location

Jim, thank you very much for following up with my phone call, it is greatly appreciated. I look forward to continuing contact with you, Steve, Liz and any other enthusiasts that are interested in supporting me on this venture. Thank you again. And thanks to everyone who is trying to assist me, I need as much help as I can get.

Last edited by pernicious; 04-23-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2013

lots of cool history here
Old 04-08-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxfordS281 View Post
lots of cool history here
Is it ever. I'd love to restore it!
Old 04-23-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Found this listed on craigslist in Houston TX.
I hope the link works, sorry noob here. http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3723556298.html

Jim
Old 04-23-2013
Inactive Account

This was one of the give away car not a # car.
Old 04-24-2013

Great story and sorry for the loss. Can't wait to see the car done.
01 Bullitt #3251H/C/Turbo build
92 GMC Typhoon
89 Chevy S10 Cameo
07 Yamaha R1 Candy Red
Old 04-24-2013
SOEC Member

Very Cool looking car !!!! Would love to see one up close & personnel !
Old 05-05-2013
Suspended Account

Supposedly one of them and for sale. No, it is not mine, as it is too new and I have one already. Wife would shoot me if I brought another project to the house lol http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3723556298.html
Old 05-06-2013
Inactive Account

That was one of the give away cars it has Saleen parts on it but is not a complete Eagle One #ed Saleen.
Old 05-13-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

My local dealer, Pioneer Ford, has an EO Car in the back. A real beauty.
Old 07-09-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

By EO I guess you mean Eagle One, is it a fox body? Can you get any pictures or video? I've not been able to find any of the other REAL Eagle One cars for 1989 or 1990 models... I have the names from the original Owners Registry, but I doubt those people still have it. Please let me know, I would come see the car if pictures aren't available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polozlx View Post
Old 07-15-2013
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default Eagle one car

The car at Pioneer Ford is the same car that is pictured above with the rain drops on it at the MCA Show in 1992.
Old 07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polozlx View Post
Is it the one owned a guy named Bob? Used to be the sales manager at John Bleakley when they were a Saleen dealer.
96 Saleen S351R #13
97 Saleen S351R #23 vert
99 Saleen S351R #46 (2000 chassis)
95 Saleen S351 #43, SR Spec
99 Saleen S351R #42 (2000 Chassis)
99 Saleen S351R #29
Old 08-17-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default skeptical...

the one with the rain on it at MCA is 1990 #2, which I own... any chance the one you're talking about is the 1989 #2? mine is not road worthy, I'm waiting on official documents for the restoration...
Old 08-17-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default shooting myself in the foot...

just talked to Shane pioneer ford in Ga, the owner is Bob and does have a fox body saleen but he is not in, so I'm waiting on a call back
Old 08-22-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default help must be a dirty four letter word...

so I've been calling pioneer ford for a week now... the owner is Bob winiarczyk who is also the listed owner of 89-0002SE in my paper owners registry... I can't get the guy on the phone or to call me back. his staff says he does have a fox body saleen. I just want some pictures of it as I hope it hasn't been wrecked like mine. anyone in GA want to swing by there for me :-) I've finally got the time and money to restore the car, but the car shown in this forum and the car in my documents has different graphics(see next post) I've got the papers I received when I purchased the car and the papers saleen faxed me years ago, they are identical, but NOT the car shown I the forum. it seems implausible that saleen would have done different graphics on 89 and 90 but I can't get and explanation as yet. I'm willing to pay someone to trailer me and the car to the saleen open house in September. if you're in the south east and interested please let me know. I'm going to post some previously unseen documents to share some of my inside info on these cars, if figure if the car is going public, might as well go all the way... here goes nothing, or everything...
Old 08-22-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default documents and wreck pics

#1 scan of a fax i received from Saleen in June 2001
#2 document that came with the car, notice it says 25 Eagle One cars to be made, depending on where you look, there is 4 to 6 MAX of these cars
#3 NADA listing from April 2001, NADA currently does not have a price listed
#4 pic from night of the wreck, yes i did knock the pole over some
#5 another wreck pic
#6 another wreck pic

only good thing about the wreck is i managed to get a friend with a dually and a trailer there just before the state trooper arrived and the trooper was cool with me yanking it out of the palmettos and taking it home... no charges!

enjoy my misery!
Attached Thumbnails
CCF08222013_0000.jpg  

CCF08222013_0001-.jpg  

CCF08222013_0002.jpg  

CCF08222013_0003-.jpg  

CCF08222013_0004-crop1.jpg  

CCF08222013_0004-crop2.jpg  

Old 08-22-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 89 and 90 differences? or marketing issue?

notice the graphic posted in the forum ( http://saleenforums.soec.org/showpos...50&postcount=6 ) is not the same as the car in the documents that came from Saleen. Look at the eagle head below the doors... in the Saleen documents, the head extends past the doors, perhaps this was changed in final production same as the total number of cars was reduced. anyone care to help me out? thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
CCF08222013_0001-.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 09-12-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=16050

Might be worth the drive...
Old 09-27-2013
Suspended Account

I took this picture of Eagle One 02 back in 1990 or 91 and I recall it had the MOMO steering wheel. The wheel had a thicker rim than the "normal" 89 saleen. It was an 89. Not the front air dam. This car show was really close the John Bleakley ford. (where I bought mine).
Old 09-27-2013
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUPEY View Post
The car at Pioneer Ford is the same car that is pictured above with the rain drops on it at the MCA Show in 1992.
This car was an 89, had the MOMO wheel on it
Old 10-07-2013
Administrator

One of the '89s were featured in Mustang Illustrated. I am trying to to find the pdf.

The interior is two-tone like the 1990 SC. The way the piping is styled.

Not like the 1989 SSC.
Old 10-07-2013

Pioneer ford car show October 6, 2013 Eagle one SE2...

Old 10-07-2013
Inactive Account

Nice thanks for sharing and bring back memories
Old 10-07-2013
SOEC Member

Great looking car!
Old 10-09-2013
Account with Invalid Email

Looks like new . Nice to see people bring these cars back from being wreck. Who ever did it looks like a very nice job.
Old 10-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by christack View Post
Looks like new . Nice to see people bring these cars back from being wreck. Who ever did it looks like a very nice job.
Chris,
1989 SE02 has not been wrecked (the one I posted). It has 700 miles on it and is as new.
Old 10-09-2013
Account with Invalid Email

Sorry motorsport1. U have a very nice car. My mistake.
Old 12-01-2013
Administrator

From the Greg Wackett media archives. 89-0001 SE.
Attached Thumbnails
1989_eagle_one.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1989_eagle_one.pdf (842.8 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-29-2017

Bringing this back...does anyone know what happened to Pernicious and his car?
2001 Ducati 996