The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 03-24-2011
SOEC Member

Default How many Racecraft Mustangs did they build?

I would like to know how many racecraft 420s were made. Dose anyone know. I no they didn't have bumper numbers.
Old 03-25-2011
Administrator

I would contact Jess Albright at GPV/Speedlab for Racecraft production numbers. They hold more detailed information for the RC line than most would believe. Please call and post your findings.

The numbers that were floated around are:
2008 420S: 27 units
2009 420S: 38 units

A few things to keep in mind. The 2008 edition was offered late during the model year. Most (if not all) feature cloth interior with the standard optional Ford equipment found in an S197 Saleen pool chassis Mustang. Meaning IUP, Shaker 500, etc.

The 2009 edition were a tad more broad. The RC was offered in coupe and convertible, with Ford cloth or leather interior, and optional Ford equipment is primarily dictated by what equipment the chassis held. Factory Ford HID lights and glass roofs found their way to conversion into RCs and S281s in 2009.
Old 03-26-2011
SOEC Member

Thanks Dave for the info. Those are some low build numbers. Mine has the leather and aero kit.
Old 04-13-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

According to Tony Fodera at Saleen, Inc production numbers are 2008: 31 Units and 2009: 58 Units,
Old 04-13-2011
Administrator

Good to know, thanks for sharing!
Old 04-14-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

Dave, no problem. I have tried to do as much research about the Racecraft cars as possible because I get asked lots of questions when I take my 420S to car shows so I try to educate.

The statement I hear most of the time is "I've never seen one of those!"

With a combined total of 89 2008 and 2009 models out there it's no wonder.

If it's a Saleen event the most I have seen together was 3. It's my daily driver and it gets lots of attention. Love it!