The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-11-2016
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: Is this a Saleen air cleaner lid?

I've been away from this site for awhile, since selling my 07 H281. Wasn't a good decision.

Anyway, I came across this new air cleaner lid. Was told it is an 83-85 Saleen lid. It measures 18" across. If it's real, any idea on value? if it has none, I'll just hang it on the garage wall.

Thanks in advance
Jim

Old 11-13-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

It's a Cal Custom chrome air cleaner lid. Lots of them are available, usually in new condition. I think I paid around 50 bucks for mine brand new.

The same thing as what a Saleen would be equipped with, aside from the stickers.
Old 11-15-2016
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokn Nx View Post
It's a Cal Custom chrome air cleaner lid. Lots of them are available, usually in new condition. I think I paid around 50 bucks for mine brand new.

The same thing as what a Saleen would be equipped with, aside from the stickers.
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like it will just go on the garage wall.
Old 11-15-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I saw one at the all Ford Nsts this year and the guy wanted $60 for it. It was still new in the package. Didn't need it so I didn't get it.
Now I'm seeing them on EBay for $75. The problem is, it's missing the sticker that says Saleen mustang. I got lucky and found one but I couldn't find any anywhere for sale. Repro or nos.
Tan interior