The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 05-02-2009
SOEC Member

Default Supercharger Repair & Upgrades?

If the dealer decides not to fix my car, where would be the best place to send my s/c too for repair? Are there any enhancements that I should have down while it is there and off the car?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 09-06-2009
Administrator

Port the upper intake track.
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

Don't send it to saleen. Mine has been there for 3 weeks. It was leaking oil under the case(only 4 months old and installed by brenspeed). Brenspeed had me send it to saleen. I have never heard from them. I have left messages , e-mail address and phone numbers. NOTHING. I have called brenspeed and all i have heard is saleen found a crack and it will be repaired. I paid ford to remove the unit and i paid the shipping to saleen. No one knows whats going on.Hope ford is not charging me rent. Customer service sucks.
Old 09-07-2009
Administrator

If the supercharger is four months old, you should just receive a new assembly under the parts warranty, if it wasn't nulled or terms violated.

Contact forum member Jess Albright.
Old 09-07-2009

That's why i am so mad.They will not replace the unit.They did a repair because they said it would be 6-8 weeks before they would have any.I called brent at brenspeed and he said all vendors do repairs,not replacement.That's bull ----.If they would have contacted me i would have waited.I paid 5000 bucks for a new S/c and now it is rebuilt,MAYBE ,i still don't know what is going on.They also said the warrenty does not restart on the s/c but still goes under the orginal sale date.More bull-----
Old 09-07-2009

That's why i am so mad.They will not replace the unit.They did a repair because they said it would be 6-8 weeks before they would have any.I called brent at brenspeed(they did the install) and he said all vendors do repairs,not replacement.That's bull ----.If they would have contacted me i would have waited.I paid 5000 bucks for a new S/c and now it is rebuilt,MAYBE ,i still don't know what is going on.They also said the warrenty does not restart on the s/c but still goes under the orginal sale date.More bull-----I asked if someone would help and pay half of the ford bill and got a big NO.
Old 09-07-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman74066 View Post
That's why i am so mad.They will not replace the unit.They did a repair because they said it would be 6-8 weeks before they would have any.
I can understand your frustration, but I must say that this is the usual business model for warranty services, from auto parts to electronics to home appliances. Warranties never (or at least, I have never heard of it happening) "re-set" after a problem with the original purchase, and usually specifically exclude any costs (such as installation) aside from the repair or replacement of the actual item purchased.

Did you pay for the supercharger on Credit Card? You could always try and contest the original charge and get your money back (on the supercharger itself), and let Saleen keep the Supercharger... that would probably be tough, but may be worth it. Of course, if you didn't purchase the Supercharger direct from Saleen, things get even more complicated...

Good luck with getting it sorted out.

Chris.
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Staff Users

Quote:
Don't send it to saleen. Mine has been there for 3 weeks. It was leaking oil under the case(only 4 months old and installed by brenspeed). Brenspeed had me send it to saleen. I have never heard from them. I have left messages , e-mail address and phone numbers. NOTHING. I have called brenspeed and all i have heard is saleen found a crack and it will be repaired. I paid ford to remove the unit and i paid the shipping to saleen. No one knows whats going on.Hope ford is not charging me rent. Customer service sucks.
I am sorry for your issues but I don't believe its bad customer service. I have talked to you on the phone and explained what is going on. WE DIDN'T HAVE THE PART THAT WAS NEEDED TO REPAIR THE UNIT. I searched all over the place and got one for you. You are getting a completely rebuilt unit, new bearings, new screws, new seals, ect. Warranties are warranties, when you get something on any car fixed under warranty, the warranty doesn't start over. Again sorry for the delay getting your unit fixed but I believe it got sent out last Monday or Tuesday so your dealer should have got it back by now. It was the one going to Joe Cooper Ford right?
I am sure a person or company that gives poor customer service wouldn't even think of answering a thread or even read a forum like this.

Thank you

Last edited by Jess Albright; 09-07-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2009
Administrator

Sounds like things are in motion. All parties should be at ease.
Old 09-07-2009

Jess you have never, i mean never cotacted me on anything.Neither i ,ford or brenspeed have heard from you.I left a note in the shipping box and a message on the answering machine with my e-mail address,ph.number,fords ph.number and asked you to call me when the s/c arrived,what you found,and when it was coming back.Nothing.I made 1 call to you and you were susposed to let me know when it shipped back to joe cooper ford in tulsa.Nothing.I still don't know.Will check with them tomorrow.Brenspeed had a unit at there facility,they were going to change it out i just couldn't get vacation to take it back.You never said which part was bad,i still don't know and doubt that you do.If you do, let me know exactly what you found and what was replaced or repaired.This is info i should have had a week ago.Hope this REBUILT supercharger last longer than the new one,which only has 3000 miles and is 4 months old.

Last edited by craftsman74066; 09-07-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2009
Saleen Staff Users

Quote:
Jess you have never, i mean never cotacted me on anything.Neither i ,ford or brenspeed have heard from you.I left a note in the box to call me when the s/c arrived,what you found,and when it was coming back.Nothing.I made 1 call to you and you were susposed to let me know when it shipped back to joe cooper ford in tulsa.Nothing.I still don't know.Will check with them tomorrow.Brenspeed had a unit at there facility,they were going to change it out i just couldn't get vacation to take it back.You never said which part was bad,i still don't know and doubt that you do.If you do let me know exactly what you found and what was replaced or repaired.This is info i should have had a week ago.
I have talked to Brent about it, as well as I told you over the phone that the manifold was the part that was bad, that is the part that we are out of. I really don't want to go round and round with you here, that is not my intention. My only intention is to get you back on the road as quickly and painlessly as possible. I am sorry I failed your customer service standards and I will work on getting better with it in the future. I will contact you in the morning though and get you tracking on the supercharger that was sent out to the dealer, and hopefully resolve your issue with you. Again I apologize.

Thank you
Jess
Old 09-07-2009

Thats what does not make since to me.How can the manifold leak oil.Again,if you would have contacted me,i would have taken the car home and waited the 10-14 weeks.I don't drive this car much and don't need it to get around.I have a z06,dodge viper,02 chevy truck,64gto,350z,and a toyota piruis.Don't worry about gettin in touch with me now.What is done is done and everything will work out.If it is not at ford tomorrow i will have them contact you.
Old 09-07-2009
Suspended Account

Holy crap...beautiful car collection! Can i borrow the GTO? Just kidding.
Old 09-07-2009
Administrator

I think we can move this discussion offline. Let the parties resolve the service inquiry... and they can meet back here after completion... if need be.

The forum dialog should not be counter productive.
Old 09-07-2009

I agree.and mx144,shoot me a e-mail,the 64 gto,red 4 sp,is for sale.