The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-11-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default New Saleen owner: 88-0421 gold on white, 17,000 miles, anybody know this car?

Hi All,

I've been browsing here for awhile and looking at a few Saleens in person, and finally bought one!

I was originally looking for a 1990-1993 numbered car with Saleen performance upgrades, but the prices on nice ones were out of my range, and the look is different than the '87-89 Saleens (which were new) I drooled over as a teen.

421 wasn't actually listed for sale...I found out about it while looking at about another car in Los Angeles. The seller had it for a year and didn't know much history about it. It was like new in every way with original paint, and I'd never seen a Saleen in that condition before. The condition and the color combo of white with gold interior was what sold me on it.

A few questions.

1. According to the 1988 brochure, white with gold stripes and tan interior was not an option. Was it possible to request one this way? I can't find any pictures with this color combo.
2. Does anyone know any history on this car? The Saleen book says that Dana Miller from Georgia was the second owner. The guy I bought it from says he got it from Georgia.
3.As you can see she's missing one center cap. Anybody have one? A guy on ebay sells sets of 4 but doesn't sell singles, and they do not have the gold Saleen sticker.
Old 09-11-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Here's some photos.

Outside. Yep she needs a center cap.

Here's her garage mate, a 1988 M3. Can you tell I like big wings and gold wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

image.jpg  

image.jpg  

image.jpg  

Old 09-11-2016
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA10 View Post
1. According to the 1988 brochure, white with gold stripes and tan interior was not an option. Was it possible to request one this way? I can't find any pictures with this color combo.

There were an estimated 106 Saleen Mustangs produced in 1988 with tan interior.

Of those, an estimate of 20 were Oxford White. Of those, 18 were hatchbacks. Of those, 14 had manual transmissions.
Old 09-16-2016
SOEC Member

Nice E30 M car. I dig the M6's from that era. Interesting how much the E30 M3's have risen in price.

If all that car needs is a centercap then you did good. Different color combos could be chosen by the original owner or dealer.
SA10 #4 Chassis
www.puristmotorsports.com