The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-05-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Photos: My Tork Tech build!

This was already an ongoing project that got some extra kick-off after the spark plug blew out on the original engine...

Complete engine from 03 GT:

The blower, Tork Tech TVS1900 kit:

Stripped block with ARP main studs:

Original piston / rod assembly, these were replaced by MMR900 rotating assembly:

At this point the project got a little out of hand, I decided to go for the TrickFlow heads:

Some markings on the original block, does anyone know what they mean?

Getting there:

Decided to upgrade to the T56 transmission:

Almost finished:

So far I ahve not been able to drive the car because of the current weather conditions Still a lot of work with tune etc. but it sounds promising. Brief spec:

- '03 GT block
- MMR900 rotating assembly
- TrickFlow heads (44cc chambers)
- Bullet Stage2 cams
- Tork Tech TVS1900 blower with original saleen IC tank and pump (LFP heat exchanger)
Old 04-05-2011

Very nice, can't wait to see what kind of numbers it will put down.
Old 04-05-2011
Administrator

Looks like a great project!
Old 04-05-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Thanks for the pictures, looks good!
Old 04-07-2011
SOEC Member

Awesome. Can't wait to see the numbers.

Couple questions for you:

1. So did you completely forge the engine?
2. Did you go with the full tork tech kit including replacing the heat exchanger?
3. Did you have to replace the hood to fit the TVS blower? (I don't know if you have the stock GT hood or the saleen SC hood)
4. How much labor would you estimate it took?

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviligloo View Post
Awesome. Can't wait to see the numbers.

Couple questions for you:

1. So did you completely forge the engine?
2. Did you go with the full tork tech kit including replacing the heat exchanger?
3. Did you have to replace the hood to fit the TVS blower? (I don't know if you have the stock GT hood or the saleen SC hood)
4. How much labor would you estimate it took?
1. Yes, I bought the Modular Mustang Racing's MMR900 kit, pistons, rods crank. I was thinking about using the original cast crankshaft but the forged wasn't that expensive after all.

2. The kit was the "Tuner Kit" from Tork Tech, minus the water pump, heat exchanger and header tank. I wanted to use the original Saleen parts and saved some money at the same time Altough I had already replaced the orignal HE with LFP unit.

3. Yes, I had to change the hood since none of the TT kits will clear the stock one (I had the GT hood). I fitted a 03-04 Cobra replica hood from Cervini's. Would have liked the Extreme hood but those seem to be very hard to find.

4. Labour, difficult to say. I started the project in late summer '09 so the work was spread over long time But after I got all the parts and the long block assembled, maybe two weeks to first start.
Old 11-14-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSaleen View Post
1. Yes, I bought the Modular Mustang Racing's MMR900 kit, pistons, rods crank. I was thinking about using the original cast crankshaft but the forged wasn't that expensive after all.

2. The kit was the "Tuner Kit" from Tork Tech, minus the water pump, heat exchanger and header tank. I wanted to use the original Saleen parts and saved some money at the same time Altough I had already replaced the orignal HE with LFP unit.

3. Yes, I had to change the hood since none of the TT kits will clear the stock one (I had the GT hood). I fitted a 03-04 Cobra replica hood from Cervini's. Would have liked the Extreme hood but those seem to be very hard to find.

4. Labour, difficult to say. I started the project in late summer '09 so the work was spread over long time But after I got all the parts and the long block assembled, maybe two weeks to first start.
Any update?
1996 #222 1 of 21 in Moonlight Blue 1 of 8 with exact options

3:55's F-Leather 2 Point Chassis Brace

2000 #944 Performance Red 3:08's Chrome wheels, Supercharged, Floormats.

2002 #48 Mineral Gray Extreme
Old 11-23-2016

Well, a lot has happened since this was updated Difficult to remember everything since last 5 years.
I have since converted the car to run on E85 and fitted bigger crank pulley and smaller SC pulley. The boost is now close to 20 psi and it's making around 700 whp.
Old 11-23-2016

That is awesome. Hope it runs as good as it looks.

2002 S/C Saleen Coupe
Torch Red #293
21st Century Heat Exchanger
21st Century Intercooler
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats