The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-29-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Help: 2004 gauge pod problems

My boost gauge is just pegged over 15 lbs doesn't move at all... through intercooler gauge doesn't seem to move at all either... they light up and dim... but don't seem to work... new here so do not know how to post pictures... but the seem hooked up correctly according to the installation Instructions I saw for a kit..... can you still get these pods? Really want them to work... pain to get out of the dash... any help will be greatful even with just how to post the pics.... thanks. ..Jay
Old 11-29-2016
Administrator

Hi!

Simco made those dash pods for Saleen Performance.

http://www.simcoltd.com/
Old 11-29-2016
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Hit the go advanced button when you reply and then hit the attachments box and you can download pictures to your post. It sounds like maybe a ground problem with the gauges, your going to have to dig into it and do some tests.
Old 11-30-2016
Saleen Forums Registrant

OK, I can not seem to get pictures to work. but I took the pod out unplugged it, gauges stayed where they were boost past 15 and temp in between the first two lines. I looked in the back and say to red tabs... I used a paper clip and slid then, very tight at first but now loose and got the needles moving loosely now... so now I have them manually set back to 0 on boost and 100 on the temp. I still thing the sending unit is wrong for the boost... but yeah maybe I'll plug it back in see what happens... but I still can not figure out how to get the pics to upload... I get to the upload screen pick the images and it just goes blanks... so idk.... let me know what you guys think, on the gauges and the pics.

thanks
Jay