The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 12-07-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: Does Saleen Make Wider Wheels?

Hello everyone, I was wondering if saleen makes their rims in wider sizes, like maybe 295 or 285? I don't like the stock size?
And if they do, where can I get them?
Old 12-07-2011
SOEC Member

Thats the tire size. Most of our wheels (05-09) are 9" up front and
10" in back and either can easily support 285 or 295.

Barricade is rocking 285's on his back end.
Old 12-07-2011
SOEC Member

All 99-04 wheels are 18" in diameter. Front wheels are 18x9, with a 25mm offset. The standard rear wheels are 18x9 also, but with a 12mm offset. The optional rear wheel was 18x10 with a 30mm offset.

The silver painted finish was standard, chrome optional. White, yellow, and gold finishes are also been seen. Chrome wheels had chrome center caps and lugnuts, while painted wheels had silver center caps and black lugnuts.

Standard tire sizes were 255/35/18 (Front) and 265/35/18 (Rear) unless the 10" upgrade was ordered. With the upgrade, front size increased to 265/35/18 and rears were 295/35/18.

I had mine widen to 11'' rims and sporting 335's Pirelli PZero Neros.

Last edited by Coderedsaleen; 12-07-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedsaleen View Post
I had mine widened to 11'' rims and sporting 335's Pirelli PZero Neros.
Where did you get them widened, Codered? The place in Michigan?

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 12-08-2011

Where did you order the bigger rims, with the 295 size?
Old 12-09-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviligloo View Post
Where did you get them widened, Codered? The place in Michigan?
I got them widened here locally in Hampton at a place called Craft Repair Inc (http://craftrepair.net/). $150 per wheel and they do an excellent job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayder_K View Post
Where did you order the bigger rims, with the 295 size?
Saleen has a 10'' rim and you can get a 295 from any tire place. Saleen Speedlab still sells them... Well I guess not, I just check their website and they don't list them any more. They just have the newer styles.
Old 12-14-2011

Quote:
All 99-04 wheels are 18" in diameter. Front wheels are 18x9, with a 25mm offset. The standard rear wheels are 18x9 also, but with a 12mm offset. The optional rear wheel was 18x10 with a 30mm offset.

The silver painted finish was standard, chrome optional. White, yellow, and gold finishes are also been seen. Chrome wheels had chrome center caps and lugnuts, while painted wheels had silver center caps and black lugnuts.

Standard tire sizes were 255/35/18 (Front) and 265/35/18 (Rear) unless the 10" upgrade was ordered. With the upgrade, front size increased to 265/35/18 and rears were 295/35/18.

I had mine widen to 11'' rims and sporting 335's Pirelli PZero Neros.
So, when you widened them did they just make the outer lip an inch wider? 335s would look sick on my car!!!!
Old 12-14-2011
SOEC Member

No they split the rim and then added a wider band in the middle. Here are my 335's.

Last edited by Coderedsaleen; 12-14-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-14-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
So, when you widened them did they just make the outer lip an inch wider? 335s would look sick on my car!!!!
With the offset the Saleen rims have made widing the rims fit nicely in the wheel wells with no spacers. They only thing I had to do was remove the kicker shock, I do have a slight rub only when I do hard turning to the right.
Old 12-14-2011

Quote:
With the offset the Saleen rims have made widing the rims fit nicely in the wheel wells with no spacers. They only thing I had to do was remove the kicker shock, I do have a slight rub only when I do hard turning to the right.
Yeah they look sick.... I would love to do a real serious set-up similiar to the new vettes. Like 19s up front and 20s in the rear but I'm not sure I'm ready for the time and $ commitment yet. For now if I add an inch to the 18s that would be great but I would love to get some 335 drag radials if I can find them. Need something a tad more sticky for the tourque of the 351. How difficult was it to remove the shock and how did it change the overall ride? Sweet car BTW...........
Old 12-14-2011
SOEC Member

The shock it very easy to remove, two bolts for the shock and two bolts for the top mount(per side). Didn't change the ride all, they are for wheel hop. I still don't get any with the much wider tires.

Thanks for the compliment!
Old 12-15-2011

Quote:
The shock it very easy to remove, two bolts for the shock and two bolts for the top mount(per side). Didn't change the ride all, they are for wheel hop. I still don't get any with the much wider tires.

Thanks for the compliment!
Hey, I also had to as you.... Where did you get that rear wing/spoiler? That's bad ***. Looks like it may be from an Extreme? If it is and you did the work how difficult was it to mount? I really don't want to have to drill any more holes in my car.... I can tell you did your exhaust like the Extreme as well. Thanks
Old 12-15-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
Hey, I also had to as you.... Where did you get that rear wing/spoiler? That's bad ***. Looks like it may be from an Extreme? If it is and you did the work how difficult was it to mount? I really don't want to have to drill any more holes in my car.... I can tell you did your exhaust like the Extreme as well. Thanks
The three piece rear wing I bought from Saleen in 2003. I didn't have to drill any more holes in the decklid because it uses 3M VHB tape and two screws that screw through the original holes for the OEM wing. The side pieces are held on only with 3M VHB tape.

Yes I went with the center exhaust because it was different at the time, also 2003.

Sorry not trying to highjack the thread.
Old 06-01-2017

How did change the offset to bring the wheel farther out?
Old 06-28-2017
SOEC Member

The wheel sits in the same location but now it goes deeper into the wheel well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2017

Quote:
The wheel sits in the same location but now it goes deeper into the wheel well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Wow, I'm surprised that you didn't have to run a spacer