The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-17-2013
SOEC Member

Default Saleen material from 1993

Stuff I found in a box that Saleen sent me back in 1993. Yes, the one sheet was that crooked...lol
Attached Thumbnails
image2013-11-17-092957-1.jpg  

image2013-11-17-093025-1.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf image2013-11-17-093127.pdf (154.3 KB, 59 views)
File Type: pdf image2013-11-17-093148.pdf (156.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: pdf image2013-11-17-093248.pdf (2.61 MB, 43 views)
Old 11-17-2013
SOEC Member

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 11-17-2013
Administrator

I think the comparison chart comes from the dealer sales manual. The booklet or page may not have been square with the copy machine. I believe I have sheets that are similar in quality from 1995, 1999 and maybe the early 2000s. In my case, they came from local Saleen dealers.
Old 11-17-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

VERY cool! Thanks for posting!
Old 11-18-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I think the comparison chart comes from the dealer sales manual. The booklet or page may not have been square with the copy machine. I believe I have sheets that are similar in quality from 1995, 1999 and maybe the early 2000s. In my case, they came from local Saleen dealers.
You are probably right, but these came from Saleen. I still have them in the original envelope they mailed them in. I also have Catalog 1 and 2... but they do not fit in my scanner.
Old 11-18-2013

The Red SC shown looks like Jerry Greene's '90 SC car .....
Old 11-18-2013
Administrator

I think Jerry had 90-0033. Which was a standard bright red 1990 Saleen hatchback.

The above photographed SC may be 91-0008SC.
Attached Thumbnails
3883078214_e92394b2e3_b.jpg  

Old 11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I think Jerry had 90-0033. Which was a standard bright red 1990 Saleen hatchback.

The above photographed SC may be 91-0008SC.
Dave, Your right on the car, Jerry's was in fact a hatchback standard Saleen, however the car pictured is indeed Jerry's car. That is not 91-008 SC.
Old 11-18-2013
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleenster View Post
Dave, Your right on the car, Jerry's was in fact a hatchback standard Saleen, however the car pictured is indeed Jerry's car. That is not 91-008 SC.
Saleenster,

As much as it pains me I have to agree with Dave , Jerrys car was used in the brochure and parts catalog, the SC was Kerrys and the Vert was Bob M, now owned by Roger from AE Performance
Old 11-19-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wackett View Post
Jerrys car was used in the brochure and parts catalog, the SC was Kerrys
Was 90-0012SC used for the 1992 & 1993 Saleen SC spec sheet / promo slick? The roll cage in #12 stood out when it was photographed for promotional purposes and magazine tests. The above car does not appear to have the SC tailpipe extensions like #12 as well.

The above SC looks to be the one used in the parking garage promo photo during the SN95 era. One piece wing, flat hood, no lower accent stripe and 3-peice wheels.

I could understand the notion of photo doctoring or staging in a simple side shot for a current model. Less so with the above three quarter view parking garage photo for an out-of-date model.

Beats me.

The car I am curious about is the black SC hatchback used in the Car and Driver tuner shootout. The article stated it was a clapped-out 1991. In the photos you can see it was updated. Vented hood, one peice wing, 3-peice wheels, Alcon calipers and 1992-93 exterior decal arrangement.

91-0011SC and 91-0014SC are the black 1991s. It's neither of those.
Old 11-19-2013

Quote:
Saleenster,

As much as it pains me I have to agree with Dave , Jerrys car was used in the brochure and parts catalog, the SC was Kerrys and the Vert was Bob M, now owned by Roger from AE Performance

I went back to confirm, please look in the Saleen history and development book, page 108. I am certain that is the same car based on the background. What am I missing here ?
Old 11-19-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleenster View Post
I went back to confirm, please look in the Saleen history and development book, page 108. I am certain that is the same car based on the background. What am I missing here ?
The Redeker Book has an incorrect photo caption. A victim of proofing/editing.
Old 11-19-2013
Inactive Account

I helped write the book and know it well , what Patty sent to the publisher and what was actually printer were not the same. I have a copy of what she delivered. There are several sections that have missing text as well as many of the captions were not linked to the correctly to the pictures. Jerry Green was a good frind of mine and his was was used in the catalog but not these spec sheets, the SC and Vert pictures were taken during a road test that was published by MM and FF cant remmebr the issue but can find it if you want me to. The SC was also used on a Poster for BFG.
Old 11-19-2013

Quote:
I helped write the book and know it well , what Patty sent to the publisher and what was actually printer were not the same. I have a copy of what she delivered. There are several sections that have missing text as well as many of the captions were not linked to the correctly to the pictures. Jerry Green was a good frind of mine and his was was used in the catalog but not these spec sheets, the SC and Vert pictures were taken during a road test that was published by MM and FF cant remmebr the issue but can find it if you want me to. The SC was also used on a Poster for BFG.
Very good info, thanks for filling in the blanks for me.
Old 09-29-2014
Administrator

1990 through 1993 Saleen SC talk:

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=18904
Old 03-12-2015
Administrator

We do have the Order Guides online for 1993 and most of the fox era.

http://soec.org/literature/dealerguides/