The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 08-30-2012
Administrator

Thumbs up Molly Saleen to be Grand Marshal at 2012 US Vintage Grand Prix--Watkins Glen, Sep 7-9

Molly Saleen to be Grand Marshal at 2012 Glenora Wine Cellars US Vintage Grand Prix

Orange County, CA – (August 29, 2012) Molly Saleen will be participating in the annual Sportscar Vintage Racing Association event as the Grand Marshal of this years’ Glenora Wine Cellars US Vintage Grand Prix presented by Welliver on September 7-9. The weekend long race event is held in conjunction with the Grand Prix Festival of Watkins Glen race reenactment on the village streets.

It couldn’t be a better time for Miss Saleen to Marshal the event, since, this years’ featured vintage marque is the Ford Mustang. “Coming from an automotive family, I grew up around Mustangs and racing,” said Molly Saleen. “What a great opportunity to be a part of this vintage racing event in which the entire Watkins Glen community is honoring the Mustang this year.”

Among the largest vintage racing events in the country, this event weekend celebrates the conclusion of the public racing season at Watkins Glen International. In addition to the Glenora Wine Cellars U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Welliver at the track, there are multiple additional events in the Watkins Glen area which gives vintage racing and automotive fans a chance to see their favorite vintage cars both on and off the track. Events include: a reenactment of the original Grand Prix races in the town of Watkins Glen, award ceremonies, historical lectures, and a judged automobile show.

Molly Saleen further added, “It’s important for racing and automotive fans of all ages to participate in these events. It’s the understanding of our heritage that keeps us moving forward in both racing and automotive innovation.”

Tickets for the Glenora Wine Cellars US Vintage Grand Prix presented by Welliver and events can be purchased through the Watkins Glen International ticket office at (866) 461-RACE (7223). Additional race schedules, hospitality, camping, and auto show tickets and information are available online at www.TheGlen.com.

Ticket prices range from $30 for Sunday general admission to $45 for a three-day ticket that includes grandstand, paddock, and garage access; Kids and Teens 18 & Under are FREE. A variety of packages also are available for the Chemung Canal Trust Company Auto Show, Camping, and Hospitality.
###

About Molly Saleen
Daughter of famed racecar driver and automotive icon Steve Saleen, Molly grew up in an automotive and racing environment. Spending time at racetracks around North America and throughout Europe, Molly learned motorsports from the “ground up” while attending her father’s races. Currently she works alongside her family at their namesake business, Saleen. When she’s not running the retail side of Saleen, Molly can be found at her local track where she has raced everything from Karts to Sportscars and Stockcars. www.MollySaleen.com

About The Glenora Wine Cellars US Vintage Grand Prix
Always among the largest vintage racing events in the country, the Glenora Wine Cellars U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Welliver marks the conclusion of the public racing season at Watkins Glen International. A Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (www.svra.com) event, the Ford Mustang has been designated as the marque for the 2012 Grand Prix. Track website and ticket information www.TheGlen.com.

About the Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival
Since 1993, the Grand Prix Festival of Watkins Glen presented by Chemung Canal Trust Company has celebrated our heritage of motor racing. A tribute to the Grand Prix races are featured in a variety of events during this all day festival. Events include the Walk of Fame award ceremony, a historical lecture called The Legends Speak, a pre-race Tech Inspection at Smalley's Garage, and a judged automobile show, the The Chemung Canal Trust Company Concours d'Elegance. www.GrandPrixFestival.com
Old 08-30-2012
SOEC Member

See you there Molly!
Old 09-07-2012
SOEC Member

Well the show was great today. Over 100 mustangs in the group I was in and I was the only Saleen. I was really looking forward to Molly being the grand marshal and I thought for sure being the only Saleen I'd have the opportunity to get the car signed or at least meet a figurehead of the company. I was even 1 of 5 chosen for to represent the "Mustang" for the show. Did I just miss her or did she back out of this event?