The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 12-15-2017
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: Saleen OEM bodykit fitment advice?

So guys i bought a saleen oem heat extractor hood that was from saleen. It did not come on a factory saleen nor is it fake. I bought it from someone who purchased it from saleen and it has the saleen lettering etc. Anyways i installed it for mock up on my 2003 cobra since im doing a speedster conversion and the hood straight up fits like crap. The gaps are way off and one of the other sides is way higher than one of the fenders. Mind you this is oem saleen stuff. So can this be fixed by a bodyshop because if it cant then im going to sell it since im very picky about gaps etc. This now questions me on buying anything oem from saleen directly since i have heard their quality control is crap. Should i just buy a saleen bodykit that actually came from a real running car as i would think saleen would not sell a car that has terrible gaps and bodylines on one of their cars that they sold. I heard a rumor that the bodykits that saleen used on their on cars from 99/04 were not even the same as the ones that they sell you today or even prior history? Is this true. If anyone has any good advice please let me know as im getting ready to pickup a full 04 saleen extreme bodykit from a running car that is being parted out.Thank you and have a good day!! 5307748968
Old 12-15-2017

Even cars they sold had issues, don’t assume since the parts came off a running car they will fit perfect.
Old 12-15-2017

Thats crazy. Anybody else seen this problem before on a saleen that came off the lot new in 99/04 ?
Old 12-16-2017

I have not seen to many hood problems. But I have seen other fitment issues on some of the body trim parts not fitting good. I must of got lucky. My car has no fitment issues at all.

2002 S/C Saleen Coupe
Torch Red #293
21st Century Heat Exchanger
21st Century Intercooler
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats