The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Vendors > Vendor Ads & Group Buys
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Vendor Ads & Group Buys Vendors can post ads and group buys here, as well as questions pertaining to the advertised products. Postings for items which infringe upon Saleen intellectual property or trademarks will be removed.

Old 07-27-2010
SOEC Member

Default Introducing JDM Engineering 302E stroker shortblocks!!!

JDM ENGINEERING
302E Stroker 3v Shortblock

When it comes time to build an engine for your Mustang, experience and quality should be the first things that come to mind. JDM Engineering has been on the fore front of modular engine building since the early 90’s when the motors first debuted. With nearly 20 years experience building mod motors and thousands of satisfied customers across the world, Team JDM is one of the top names in the industry. When your looking for a custom built engine, Team JDM has the experience and quality your looking for!

Get ready for a 1000hp rated short block that utilizes a 302 rotating group to increase your maximum power output! These top of the line built bottom ends come pre balanced and fully assembled to JDM spec. Based around the production 281 platform this 302 motor utilizes a brand new Ford Racing 4.6 block. The FRPP block is known to be the strongest 4.6 Aluminum block ever in production by Ford. Extra displacement comes from the rotating assembly which includes a steel forged stroker crank shaft. Custom stroker rods, JDM spec pistons, coated rings and premium bearings are also included. Compression is left stock in order to achieve peak power and performance. The short block is tied together with brand new fasteners and bolts, guaranteeing strength and integrity of the engine. Every engine is hand built and assembled in an engine clean room to ensure quality control.

These are some of the same spec components used in JDM Engineering race cars campaigned in the NHRA, IHRA, and NMRA Drag race series. Not only have these engines been tested on drag race vehicles but also SCCA and Open track event cars which run in the most extreme conditions. With a combined 70 plus years of experience, Team JDM can provide you with the quality and performance that your looking for. Every engine is backed up with a 1 year warranty, something that you will not find offered by most performance shops.
$3499.00
1000 HP Rated!!
1 Year warranty (no detonation)

JDM Stroker 5.0L Mod motor specs:
302 CID Modular 2v, 3v, and 4v
3.554”Bore x 3.800”Stroke
Stock compression (9.8:1)
New FRPP Aluminum 05+ Block plate honed for a truer bore geometry
Speed Pro NASCAR bearings
JDM Spec Ring pack w/ Stainless top rings for better seal and longevity
JDM Spec Kellogg forged steel crankshaft
Induction hardened journals and 8 bolt flange
JDM Spec custom forged CP pistons
Manley Forged steel 4340 connecting rods w/ ARP fasteners

Jim D'Amore III
JDM Engineering
732-780-0770
Tech@teamjdm.com
Old 07-27-2010
Suspended Account

Lol what opportune timing considering the recent posts around here ;). Good luck with the sale.

Can you detail the warranty a bit more, and under what conditions its valid vs. invalid?
Old 07-27-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy_freud View Post
Lol what opportune timing considering the recent posts around here ;). Good luck with the sale.

Can you detail the warranty a bit more, and under what conditions its valid vs. invalid?
Whats the saying? strike while the iron's hot....lol just kidding. We have had this shortblock in the works for a few months but we aren't the type to rush a product to market ; )

The warranty is pretty simple, as long as there is no detonation we will warranty any part of our shortblock for 1 year and up to 1000 HP. We ship out about 10-20 or more mod motors a month in our shop and I cant remember when I have ever seen a part failure. One instance comes to mind from 2004 with a 5.4 engine the wrist pin inside the piston broke. We warrantied the entire engine and since we installed it, we covered the reinstallation. I have had a few motors come back that had obvious signs of detonation and that is not the motors fault, either tuning, boost, timing, or fuel problems create detonation.
Old 07-27-2010
Administrator

"...strike while the iron's hot..."

Your new 2010 GT needs one of these.

David - Aiding The Addicted™
Join SOEC on Facebook * Follow SOEC on Instagram
Old 07-27-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
"...strike while the iron's hot..."

Your new 2010 GT needs one of these.
Ive been saying the same thing! I want to stick a 5.0 badge on the side, Ive got 2011 envy
Old 07-27-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIII@JDM View Post
I want to stick a 5.0 badge on the side, Ive got 2011 envy
Even more reason! A 5-liter badge with a Supershaker. Great side profile... I'll vote for the cause.

David - Aiding The Addicted™
Join SOEC on Facebook * Follow SOEC on Instagram
Old 08-23-2010
SOEC Member

Jim Sr. told me about these when I told him I would love to have forged internals...it's a great price with solid parts.

That promise of ever more power is addicting...I so would if I could.

Last edited by Meikol02; 01-20-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-31-2010
SOEC Member

Just wanted to let everyone know we only have 15 more available at this special price of $3499!! Ford Racing no longer has any of the 05+ aluminum blocks in stock and this is going to make us purchase from Ford parts and service which has a price tag nearly $500 higher than Ford Racing. This is going to make us raise the price to $3899, so if your looking at one of these engines right now is the time to buy!!
Old 09-04-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

this is the engine i should of bought a while back. if my built motor ever lets go. this is what i'm putting in. what do you think the max boost is on this block
Old 10-13-2011

the compression is not to hight for supercharged motor do you can change compression ratio thx
Old 10-14-2011
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacloche View Post
the compression is not to hight for supercharged motor do you can change compression ratio thx
No the compression is perfectly fine, we would rather build the car with more compression than to have to run more boost or timng to make up for the power of lower compression. The cars come factory with 9.8:1 compression and we have tested those motors at over 500 RWHP for daily and track use rigorously throughout the years. Now with forged internals you can easily handle up to 1000 Engine HP on this shortblock with the limitations of fuel quality this would be on race fuel. This shortblock is in our customer Mike Dellisanti's 2008 Mustang GTCS with a Saleen Supershaker supercharger running 16 psi boost and making over 650 RWHP.
Attached Thumbnails
liftoff.jpg  

199962_205360652823342_100000482276986_791303_6212055_n.jpeg  

Old 12-19-2011
SOEC Member

Do you build a lower compression version of this stroker motor? In CA we are limited to 91 octane, running 9.8:1 cr and 10lbs of boost or so could be very problematic...
Old 04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07s281sc View Post
Do you build a lower compression version of this stroker motor? In CA we are limited to 91 octane, running 9.8:1 cr and 10lbs of boost or so could be very problematic...

Wait a minute....running a 4.6L that has a stock compression of 9.8:1 and then throw 9-10 lbs of boost on it would be BAD ???
'05 S281 SC Vert #984...1 of only 79 supercharged convertibles that year

Mods: 3.4 Pulley, CAI, 39 lb. injectors, Granatelli Pro Series coil packs, colder HTO plugs, complete Borla exhaust from headers back, Big Baer Pro + 14" 2 pc. brake kit - front and rear, HIDs, Saleen roll bar, carbon fiber hood stripe, smoked lights and turns up front, flat black decal kit, Powdercoated flat blacks with Nitto 550S 285/35/20

Looking to upgrade my cam and springs...any suggestions?
Old 04-21-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S281 SC VERT View Post
Wait a minute....running a 4.6L that has a stock compression of 9.8:1 and then throw 9-10 lbs of boost on it would be BAD ???

No not at all, we run 15-17 psi on that combination with our built engines all the time! The compression being that high is fine but you cant go aggressive with the timing. The beautiful thing is you will make more power from the compression so you dont need the timing! Timing is a crutch for an engine to make power. The least amount of timing you can run in an engine is ideal for efficiency. We have some of our race engines at 11:1 compression on 17+ psi making close to 800 RWHP. The precautions we take are simply tuning and race fuel.

I have no problem running the stock compression which is 9.8:1. Now if you have any concern or want a lower compression for any reason we can do it at no extra cost!
Old 04-21-2012
Account with Invalid Email

Jim, how much are your 302's going for these days? Shipped to Cali.. Just curious. Also, can you give me a brief difference between your shortblock and the B302 from Brenspeed?
^^replaced with supershaker. 1,700WHP
Old 04-23-2012
SOEC Member

Our shortblocks now use custom made Manley pistons and rings which we can offer in a range of compression ratios. These are to our very own specification, not an off the shelf piston. Besides that alot of the components are the same. However assembly is another story, we use a very sophisticated assembly process which is performed by NHRA pro stock engine builder Tommy Martino. The quality and craftsmanship in our engines is what seperates us from the rest.

The aluminum block has gone up in price over the past year and has required us to raise the price. The shortblock is $4895 with a new 4.6 2005+ block. If you supply your block as a core to be used then we can do it for $3895.

Call us sometime if you interested at 732-780-0770

JimIII
Old 04-23-2012
Account with Invalid Email

Wow, a 1,400 price hike from two summer ago, jeez! How much do cams and valve springs add to that price? Late summer I'm looking at possibly rebuilding my
Bottom end and I'm currently looking at my options. Thanks Jim.
^^replaced with supershaker. 1,700WHP
Old 04-23-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronc08 View Post
Wow, a 1,400 price hike from two summer ago, jeez! How much do cams and valve springs add to that price? Late summer I'm looking at possibly rebuilding my
Bottom end and I'm currently looking at my options. Thanks Jim.
Yes at that time I could buy the blocks for about $450 ea. Now they are over $1800!

JimIII
Old 04-23-2012
SOEC Member

I guess my issue is that here in Cali we are limited to 91 octane. For a street car with stock 9.8:1 cr + 11lbs or so of boost, aren't you going to run into detonation problems??? My car is a daily driver so I really don't want to go the race gas route when it comes to tuning.
Old 04-23-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07s281sc View Post
I guess my issue is that here in Cali we are limited to 91 octane. For a street car with stock 9.8:1 cr + 11lbs or so of boost, aren't you going to run into detonation problems??? My car is a daily driver so I really don't want to go the race gas route when it comes to tuning.
with that little boost 9.8 is not a problem. We run alot more than that. Tuning is what is going to keep you from detonating.